We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Location: Newport Beach, CA, or Austin, TX
PIMCO Human Resources is seeking an HR Associate to be a key member of the People Operations team. This role will be responsible for managing employee inquiries within expected SLAs (service level agreements) and associated performance targets and metrics and will play a critical role in providing personalized support and solutions regarding HR processes, while creating a positive and impactful experience for employees globally. There will be an exciting opportunity to participate in and manage projects to implement and drive adoption of HR technologies (Workday, ServiceNow), processes and programs.
As this role increases depth and knowledge within HR, there is growth and opportunity to take on more complex employee inquiries and propose solutions to new issues as they arise. This person will network across the different subject areas within HR and engage with HR team members globally. Additionally, the AskHR Analyst/Associate will be a valuable contributor in the team's focus on continuous improvement by finding opportunities and supporting implementation of process and technology enhancements.
Do you enjoy being a valuable contributor who is passionate about continuous improvement by finding opportunities and supporting implementation of process and technology enhancements? You will with be an active participant in strategic projects and support PIMCO's HR team daily. Responsibilities
- Understand and execute on PIMCO's end-to-end HR business processes, including but not limited to those related to global benefits, mobility, payroll and timekeeping
- Act as an escalation point for more complex inquiries and provide guidance to others on these issues
- Identify process improvements and manage projects from conception to implementation
- Process transactions across HR systems and ensure data quality is maintained
- Work globally and cross-functionally to improve efficiency and consistently execute on all HR business processes; effective at gathering and synthesizing information from multiple parties
- Provide essential support to address individual HR needs of employees and managers, in line with PIMCO's policies as they navigate the employee experience at PIMCO
- Champion exceptional client service by providing excellent employee inquiry support with strong emphasis in creating the best possible employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle
- Take on and be part of projects that increase engagement and play an important role in creating a positive employee experience
- Provide thoughtful, accurate and timely responses to HR colleagues and employees, managers, and business leaders
- Deliver inquiry-related data and insights on themes to improve the overall employee experience
- 1-3+ years of HR experience, Shared services experience is helpful
- Working knowledge of Workday and/or ServiceNow is a decided advantage
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- 1-2+ years experience preferred with HR Operations a decided advantage; Degree in Human Resources Administration or IO Psychology with HR Internships will also be considered.
- Working knowledge of Workday and/or ServiceNow with an affinity for technology, ability to think with a "tech approach," and interest in HR technologies such as Workday
- Strong skills and ability to network with various business groups and external partners; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, results driven, open to feedback and overall a collaborative teammate
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office