Senior Legal Analyst – Alternative Investments
1 day left
Albourne is an industry leading investment consultant with offices around the globe. Our firm of 500+ employees provide advisory services to investors, including institutional investors, financial intermediaries and family offices, on over $550 billion of alternative investments across the liquidity spectrum. We specialize in Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Real Assets, Real Estate and Dynamic Beta.
Albourne empowers its clients by providing Portfolio Advice, Research (Investment, Operational and Quantitative due diligence), Analytics (data and tools) and Implementation (middle and back office) services. We are committed to non-discretionary advice, fixed fee pricing and independence.
Albourne strives to be a sustainable company with three main goals: 1) Aspiring to be a multi-generational firm with broad internal ownership and a Partnership structure; 2) Treating our employees and clients fairly; and 3) Advocating for positive change for its benefit and for the alternative investment industry – best practices have always been a defining part of who we are.
The Senior Legal Analyst – Alternative Investments* is directly involved in leading and supporting the Middle Office team’s work advising clients on private fund negotiations, transaction documentation and execution.
* This position does not involve the provision of legal advice or the practice of law.
- Review hedge fund and private market fund legal documentation and draft reports accurately summarizing key terms.
- Review other team members’ draft reports for corrections, refinement and quality control
- Use existing Albourne research to resolve potential issues spotted from reviews of fund legal documentation.
- Supervise and review Associate Analyst drafts of subscription agreements and assist with escalated anti-money laundering requests.
- Communicate and coordinate the closing of transactions with clients, fund managers and fund administrators.
- With support from partners, help clients with the negotiation of recommended side letter terms and amendments to fund agreements.
- Communicate professionally and tactfully with fund managers and clients on time-sensitive matters.
- Effectively manage multiple client negotiations and transactions at a time.
- Support partners on fee negotiations with private fund managers, including drafting memoranda of understanding and managing day-to-day communications with client teams and fund managers.
- Advise clients on best practice investment operations processes for the implementation of alternative investments.
- Support the partners in providing advice to clients and the Portfolio Group on fund structures, terms and other legal terms.
- Support the continuing development of Middle Office services.
- Assist with the training of other Middle Office team members.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments that impact the alternative investment industry.
- Develop educational materials for Albourne’s staff and clients regarding trends in legal terms for alternative investments.
- Report potential conflicts to compliance and work with compliance to ensure that conflict disclosures appear on written research reports
What We’re Looking For
- Undergraduate degree, minimum. Juris Doctorate preferred. Consideration given for other graduate business degrees, CFA or CAIA designations.
- At least 7 years’ experience with alternative investments, preference for experience performing investment due diligence, operational due diligence, or legal due diligence at an institutional investor.
- Demonstrated understanding of the structure, terms and mechanics of alternative investment funds and contracts.
- Solid understanding of institutional investor norms and best practices for governance, investment process and investment operations.
- Professional demeanour and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an excellent eye for detail. Strong technical writing capability.
- Ability to travel overseas, as required (not expected to exceed twice per year).
- Systems literacy (Microsoft Office), advanced Excel skills a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Fully paid Medical and Dental PPO
- Fully paid Basic Life and AD&D
- 401k & FSA
- Everyday Wellness, onsite weekly yoga and fitness
- 30 days paid time off each year including Vacation and Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Norwalk, CT
Work authorization: Must be eligible to work in the United States
Albourne America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, physical or mental disability, age, medical condition, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.