F.L.Putnam Investment Management Company is an independent, SEC registered investment advisor with offices throughout New England serving a nationally diversified clientele. With 67 employees, we currently have $4.2 billion under management, split between institutional (e.g. endowments and foundations) and private clients. We provide a comprehensive range of investment advisory, investment management, and financial planning services.
We have a significant practice in sustainable investing and advisory services, with institutional sustainable investment management at the core. Our active fundamental proprietary equity and fixed income strategies are complemented by an open architecture platform making select outside managers available to our clients. Our data driven platform enables ESG integration throughout our investment process and provides transparency to our clients and partners.
We are currently hiring a full-time Investment Advisor in our Massachusetts region. This Investment Advisor will focus on our sustainable investing practice, working across regions and channel partners to educate, onboard and continuously engage with clients new to our firm.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated passion for sustainable investing and a background that covers in-depth investment knowledge and client engagement skills. The Investment Advisor will be directly responsible for investment aspects of new client relationships as a member of client teams, supporting development in new business presentations, and engaging with the FLP team to meaningfully contribute to a growing and dynamic firm.
- The Investment Advisor will be the investment lead on client teams for new and some existing sustainable investing client relationships. Structuring client investment portfolios will be central to this role, covering sustainable investing and asset allocation education, and investment selection. The Advisor will be responsible for client Investment Policy Statement development.
- Work with our Portfolio Analyst team to implement investment solutions for each client as outlined in Investment Policy Statements, using approved investment strategies and products.
- Work directly with Client Advisor (member of financial planning team) and Account Officer team members to manage client relationships as an integrated client team.
- Contribute to firm growth through participation in new business presentations across our referral channels and through excellent ongoing client service that elicits referrals from existing clients.
- Work directly with other FLP client team members across investment management, investment advisory, financial planning, operations, and marketing to ensure clients continually benefit from our broad suite of wealth and investment services.
- Engage with the firm’s strategic planning process and contribute to business advancement initiatives through participation in our Investment Policy Committee and other working groups.
- Bachelor’s degree, CFA® designation helpful
- 5+ years working directly with clients in a comparable role or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated interest in investing, sustainability, and building successful long-term client relationships
- Demonstrated team-player with the ability to work efficiently independently
F.L.Putnam is an equal opportunity employer. We run our business with the same principles that guide our ESG integrated investment process. Diversity and inclusion are important factors that we believe lead to stronger, more effective teams and better business outcomes, and are thus central to our investment approach and hiring process. The selected candidate will join a diverse and dynamic team working together to build a leading sustainable investment firm serving our valued clients and positively impacting all of our stakeholders.
We offer competitive compensation (i.e., salary + bonus) and a comprehensive benefits package (e.g., health and dental coverage, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, health club reimbursement, etc.).
More information about our firm can be found at www.flputnam.com. If qualified and interested, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. In your cover letter / email, please describe yourself and why you believe your personal and professional qualities are a good fit for this position.