Head, Research Products
CFA Institute is the world’s largest association of investment management professionals. As a global, independent organization, with a community of more than 175,000 members and 150+ member societies, we lead the investment profession by promoting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence for the ultimate benefit of society.
We care about our employees’ mental, physical, social, and financial well-being. That’s why we are committed to providing a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that offers flexibility to make choices that meet their needs:
- Health and well-being benefits that are amongst the best in the industry with full comprehensive medical, dental, and vision for employees and their family members
- Comprehensive leave and time off plans
- A focus on Financial Well-being means that we stack our retirement benefits against the most competitive standards.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Wellness, education, and employee assistance benefits
The Head, Research Products will be accountable for building and maintaining global, industry-recognized research products that deliver the highest caliber content on relevant issues for investment industry practitioners and other stakeholders.
This position will serve as the managing editor of the flagship Financial Analysts Journal and support the leaders of the Enterprising Investor blog and the Research Foundation. The Head, Research Products is responsible for advancing an editorial and distribution process consistent with the mission, brand, and strategic priorities and priority themes of CFA Institute. Responsibilities will include conducting topical gap analysis and developing derivative products to increase engagement and reach. The successful applicant will understand research best practices, research metrics, research production, and educational approaches.
The position will be expected to develop strong, collaborative relations with the research oversight boards (e.g., the Research Foundation Board, the FAJ Advisory Council) to ensure smooth relations and cooperation among the various research producing platforms. This position requires expertise in product development as well as deep investment industry knowledge to enable research content selection and curation.
As the Head, Research Products, you will have the opportunity to:
- Accountable for research products including the Financial Analysts Journal, Research Foundation and Enterprising Investor.
- Responsible for developing new products that support the mission and vision of the organization.
- Develop and sustain a nimble, high-performing team with team members in multiple locations; provide leadership and support with the ability to be “hands on” when necessary.
- Coordinate with colleagues in credentialing, professional learning, advocacy, standards, the Asia Research Exchange and across the research area to enhance the quality and consistency of research and ultimately the reputation of the organization.
- Assist each research publication functional leader under his/her remit with the development of an annual strategy and work plan for research content and publications, including product design, pricing, advertising, etc.
- Develop and manage the annual strategy, budget, and work plan for the function accordingly.
- Closely collaborate with marketing and IT to ensure maximum reach of developed products. Work closely and collaboratively with content production and distribution areas to schedule projects efficiently and ensure appropriate planning and resources are brought to bear for the promotion and distribution of the research content.
- Participate in the recruitment and development of Advisory Council, Editorial Board, and referee panel members.
- Contribute to maintaining a network of thought leading investment professionals, academics and other potential contributors as authors, advisors, or governing body members.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The skills and experience required for this role are:
- Master’s Degree or higher in Business/Economics with strong quantitative coursework, or an equivalent combination of education and research industry experience.
- Significant finance/investment industry experience.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation preferred.
- Ability to interact credibly in both the academic and practitioner communities.
- Familiarity and experience in research content selection, development, production, and distribution.
- Awareness and understanding of global financial markets and topics currently of interest to practicing investment professionals.
- Global cultural orientation required, and global working experience preferred.
- Established network of thought leading investment professionals and academics.
- Ability to work with and have credibility with high-level industry professionals and academic “luminaries”, representing CFA Institute in a professional and politically skilled manner.
- Ability to translate technical material and concepts into easily understood formats and language for broad appeal across multiple audiences.
- Must demonstrate outstanding stewardship and relationship building/management skills to expand the mission of CFA Institute.
- Ability to manage virtual global teams and multi-task around several points of input and oversight.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with cross-functional teams and keep team members motivated.
- Highly effective team building and influence skills, able to influence without authority.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation.
- Ability to create new and unique ideas and an entrepreneurial spirit a plus.
- Very high level of organizational and time management skills, including ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Must demonstrate outstanding judgment and mature business skills with the ability to establish a strong rapport with senior management.
- Excellent consulting, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism.
This opportunity is open to internal and external candidates. CFA Institute is committed to the professional development of its employees; first/full consideration will be given to internal candidates.
More searches like this
- C-Suite Level Management Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Full Time
- Corporate Finance Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Full Time
- Institutional Sales Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Full Time
- Management Consulting Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Full Time
- Marketing and Public Relations Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Full Time