Convertible Bond Associate Analyst – Leveraged Finance
Nuveen Investment’s Leveraged Finance team is seeking to hire an associate analyst to focus on convertible bonds as a generalist.
The Leveraged Finance platform at Nuveen applies a collaborative and team-based approach to rigorous fundamental underwriting across the capital structure and risk spectrum, from higher quality non-investment grade to distressed situations. The team’s philosophy is to invest in liquid capital structures, both long and short, where relative value dislocations and event driven catalysts exist. Leveraged Finance manages $37 billion in AUM, and its investment strategies include hedge funds, separately managed accounts, comingled strategies and sub-advisory mandates for both retail and institutional clients, including Nuveen’s parent company, TIAA-CREF.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Working closely with Portfolio Manager/Senior Analysts in preparing analyses for the underwriting of potential primary and secondary convertible bond investments including participating in investor presentations and management meetings, analyzing business drivers and risks, building financial models and capital tables, and drafting investment write-ups.
- Assuming primary coverage of investments and sectors over time with responsibility to make recommendations on positions and generate new ideas within coverage universe.
- Actively monitor markets and news flow affecting current positions. Liaison and build relationships with sell side research analysts.
- Update financial models, participate in earnings and management calls and input data into proprietary research systems.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- Work Experience
- 3+ Years Required; 5+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- Career Level
- 3+ years of experience in buy-side, sell-side investment banking or desk credit research, or leveraged finance/equity capital markets
- 5+ years of experience in buy-side, sell-side investment banking or desk credit research, or leveraged finance/equity capital markets
- Experience in software/SaaS, healthcare or biotech industries strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Excel
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg a plus
- Strong quantitative, analytical and financial modeling abilities
- Strong and succinct communication and writing skills