Position Overview: The Investment Analyst role is charged with coordinating all activities relating to investment decisions and the investment process. This includes the research, due diligence, analysis, strategic and tactical decision making, and monitoring of those investment decisions. This could include monitoring mutual funds, exchange traded funds, fixed income and alternative investment choices, development and management of investment models, and oversight of preferred third-party money manager partners. The goal of position is to provide advisors with investment strategies that will fulfill all their varying clients’ needs and objectives including capital preservation, income and growth, capital appreciation, current income, long-term growth, and/or aggressive growth.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical background and skills
- Exceptional written & verbal communications
- Leadership and management abilities to oversee investment decisions
- Goal-oriented, task-driven
- Detail-oriented, specifically with numbers
- Designs efficient systems, seeks productivity
- Objective, fact-based decision making
- Highly proficient in Excel
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the investment committee and conduct due diligence on investments used by or considered for use by the company
- Review, approve and monitor required trading and allocation activities directed by other advisors, as applicable
- Assist in implementing our investment philosophy for new and existing clients while ensuring that other advisors are aware of major investment themes guiding trading and decisions
- Evaluate prospective client portfolios and equip advisors for those meetings.
- Write quarterly client article
- Participate in team daily, weekly, and monthly meetings
- Participate in annual business planning strategy session as requested
Specific Investment Related
- Design, implement, administer, and manage the investment program and process
- Analysis and selection of investments including mutual funds, exchange traded funds, fixed income, alternatives, etc.
- Maintain awareness of domestic and international trends and events impacting the investment process
- Implement decisions on deploying capital across the varying asset classes
- Evaluate and review asset allocation, risk, investment strategy and other investment decisions on an ongoing basis to ensure optimal performance
- Research, due diligence, analysis and selection of third-party money managers, fund companies, etc.
- Develop, maintain and manage preferred partner relationships
- Oversee investment manager performance
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure sound implementation of the firm’s Investment Strategy
- Tracking and reporting of all appropriate performance
- Maintain awareness of all regulatory requirements affecting investment strategy
- Effectively communicate all investment ideas, strategies, etc. to advisors
- Serve and represent investment department through speaking engagements
- Lead investment committee meetings
Educational and Experience Requirements and Preferences
- Years in financial services industry: 10 preferred
- Licenses and credentials: Series 65, CFA
- Education: An undergraduate degree in finance and economics, MBA
Physical Job Requirements
Bending/ Kneeling: Ability to bend to lower-level cabinets. Bend to files in cabinet as needed.
Continuous Sitting: Ability to sit for up to 8 hours a day at desk working on computer.