Senior Vice President – Commercial Real Estate, MCIA
About the Role
MCIA is looking for a Senior Vice President to lead the team that produces commercial real estate products and research. The team’s flagship analytical product is DealView, which offers monthly credit commentary and loss forecasts covering the U.S. CMBS market.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent people leader with a product-focused mindset. They will act as both a subject matter expert and strategist within the team and help translate MCIA’s intellectual property into innovative products that solve users’ problems both internally and externally.
This role reports to the Head of US Product Strategy and will be based in Ambler, PA or New York.
• Manage a team of analysts that create content for DealView and other commercial real estate products in the U.S. (Ambler, Chicago, New York) and Mumbai.
• Understand priorities and organize team workload based on business requirements.
• Guide team members to develop competencies and actively communicate with the team to support talent development.
• Breakdown and analyze complex workflows and systems, identify inefficiencies/areas for improvement, and define solutions to improve the experience for internal and external users.
• Understand our clients’ needs and the competitive landscape in depth; know how we can address those needs to drive revenue growth.
• Articulate the strength, quality, and value of the product versus our competitors’ offerings and work directly with various business partners to formulate this message.
• Support business development in meetings and serve as a subject matter expert at external events.
• Align with the technology team to ensure the product vision, roadmap, and prioritization are clearly understood and efficiently executed.
• Collaborate with product strategy and technology teams to track enhancement requests and bug fixes and report progress.
• 8-10 years’ experience in structured finance and the commercial real estate industry.
• Managerial experience within the financial services industry.
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced work global environment, exhibit a passion for innovation, and harbor a genuine belief in Morningstar's core values.
• Ability to interact effectively with structured finance industry participants.
• Strong client-focus and service mindset
• Ability to develop strong, positive relationships with business stakeholders across multiple levels of seniority
• Strong project planning and management abilities in combination with proven teamwork and influencing skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and produce successful results in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail