ASSOCIATE – CORPORATE ADVISORY – SAN FRANCISCO
Eastdil Secured LLC
Eastdil Secured is the foremost provider of financial advisory services to real estate owners. Eastdil Secured combines superior capital markets expertise with a deep understanding of real estate fundamentals to execute a wide range of real estate transactions for our clients ultimately producing superior results. By maintaining an effective platform that combines conventional real estate advisory and brokerage with the corporate finance and capital markets expertise of an investment bank, Eastdil Secured creates value for clients through unparalleled advisory services, individually-tailored structures, and marketing/placement programs that set the industry standard.
Our Corporate Advisory Team is dedicated to the sale, financing and recapitalization of all major real estate product types including office, retail, hotel, gaming, industrial and multifamily properties throughout North America and Europe. We are dedicated to understanding the unique competitive and operating environments of our public and private real estate clients. The group uniquely combines strong relationships and real estate knowledge with superior capital markets and advisory expertise to steadfastly provide clients with outstanding advice through any phase of strategic growth and execution. The Corporate Advisory Team is based out of Eastdil Secured’s San Francisco, New York, and London offices. The team’s primary areas of focus include:
- Credit oriented real estate equity and debt financing transactions
- Joint venture partnership structuring
- Public-private M&A
- Corporate advisory sale-leaseback structuring
- Specialized ground lease/leased fee transactions
- Other credit-oriented net lease transactions
The Corporate Advisory Team is looking for a full-time Associate in its San Francisco office, for immediate start.
The individual would assume significant responsibilities that may include:
- Working closely with senior team members on presentations and financial analyses
- Executing complex financial analyses, including asset level real estate valuations, entity and portfolio level valuations, and joint venture partnership, public-private, and merger analyses
- Performing comprehensive in-depth company, real estate, and market analysis
- Participating in and in some cases leading client meetings, management meetings, due diligence visits, site tours, and other client interactions to gain exposure to key industry executives and senior team members
- Conducting research, participating in strategic planning and idea generation, and assisting in the execution of strategic advisory services
- Understanding clients’ investment strategies and risk appetites to build long-term Eastdil Secured relationships
- Quarterbacking due diligence collection and review while managing external client relations
- Mentoring and training Analysts
The individual must demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills, personal motivation, and distinguished written and oral communication skills. The individual will be required to manage multiple significant projects simultaneously, working effectively both as an individual unit and as part of a multi-functional team.
- 1-5 years of experience in real estate, finance, or a similar financial services advisory role
- Dedication to building a career in the financial services industry with a focus on real estate finance
- An understanding of the real estate equity and/or debt capital markets
- Basic working knowledge of financial analysis and GAAP accounting
- Proven ability to take on significant responsibility with strong attention to detail
- Willingness to work long hours in a demanding, highly focused, collaborative, and team environment
- Energetic self-starter who is flexible, organized, conscientious, proactive, and detail-oriented
- An individual who demonstrates a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving result
Eastdil Secured will not sponsor visas for these positions, and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status. Candidates must be able to work in the United States on a permanent basis.