Senior Marketing Associate
Dalton Investments is seeking a business development professional to grow its investment management business. This position is focused on driving new business development opportunities within the institutional market, including family offices, endowments, foundations, pension plans and high-net worth individuals. This position will be located in Santa Monica, CA or Las Vegas, NV and will be part of the Client Relations Team.
- Create a business development plan to identify and prospect institutional and high-net worth investors
- Develop relationships with prospective clients and foster existing client relationships
- Work closely with Dalton’s investment team to understand and to communicate our investment philosophy, process and performance to prospects, consultants and existing clients
- Initiate and follow up on client meeting arrangements
- Work closely with relevant teams to ensure materials are prepared accurately and delivered well in advance of meetings or client deadlines.
- Actively review all RFPs/RFIs/proposals and ensure that the response is delivered in a timely and accurate manner. Highlight any potential issues early in the process
- Work closely with on-boarding team to ensure all areas are addressed before client account inception. If any requirements are unlikely to be met, alert senior management with sufficient lead time for work around/negotiation
Other Wider Support Activities
- Proactively engage with the various members across the firm and provide support where necessary
- Ensure databases are updated on various product information (ie, performance, attribution, risk, characteristics and etc)
- 2 to 4 years of prior asset management experience ideally working in an institutional team with institutional client exposure
- Mature, strong energy, discipline, self-motivated with a resilient hunter mentality
- Desire to work and thrive in a collaborative and small group work environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft word, excel and powerpoint
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA and/or CFA a plus
About Our Company
Dalton Investments is a value-focused investment management firm with expertise in Asia, Emerging Markets and global equities. Headquartered in Los Angeles, with subsidiary offices in Las Vegas, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Sydney and Mumbai, Dalton manages $3.4 billion in actively managed long only and long/short strategies for pensions, endowments, foundations, financial institutions and family offices.