Director, Investment Performance Reporting - Advice & Wealth Management (AWM)
The Director, Performance Reporting role is responsible for managing the Product Performance business line of the AWM Performance Reporting function, including calculating composite performance of the products on the firm’s Advisory Platform and Investment Research Group (IRG) Models, along with compilation of the client- and advisor-facing deliverables. This individual will also play a key role in the design and implementation of some of key firm-wide initiatives with impact to performance to reporting.
• Develop, implement and manage validation of investment performance for the third-party models utilized on the firm's Advisory Platform.
• Manage the recurring tasks associated with the calculation of performance and compilation of advisor- and client-facing deliverables related to both models on the Advisory Platform and various deliverables for the firm's Investment Research Group (IRG).
• In collaboration with other business units, participate in the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) compliance verification for the composites of third-party products on the Advisory Platform.
• Oversee control-related testing across the various performance tools to ensure a single, cohesive approach to testing/audit protocols of reporting mechanisms and underlying data.
• Lead and execute projects aimed at enhancing the quality of the performance data and improving the front-end experience for advisors and clients, which will be accomplished through strong partnership and collaboration with business units (e.g. products, technology, legal, compliance, communication, training, field implementation, etc.) and vendors.
• Maintain business ownership of the performance reporting tools utilized for product and client performance reporting. Maintain a road-map of enhancements.
• Respond to complex escalations requiring advanced subject matter expertise.
• Participate in the development of training materials related to investment performance, analytics, and performance reporting tools.
• Provide leadership to investment performance reporting professionals. Conduct performance management, hiring, coaching/development, goal writing, and one-on-one meetings.
• Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Accounting or other quantitative discipline
• 7+ years of relevant experience in the financial services industry
• Reporting and analysis experience in a financial services organization (broker/dealer preferred)
• Understanding of GIPS and ability to apply the standards to performance calculations and representations.
• Conceptual and practical understanding of the various performance metrics, such as different money-weighted and time-weighted return methodologies, risk analytics, benchmarking, and asset allocation
• Prior people leadership experience
• Experience working with performance measurement and portfolio accounting systems (e.g., Albridge, First Rate, Tegra118 (aka APL), Informa, Broadridge, Envestnet, Morningstar, FactSet)
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to interact with team, business partners, advisors, and senior management
• Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships across the organization
• Active Series 7 or the ability to obtain within 18 months
• Master's degree
• CIPM and/or CFA designation, or progress towards
• Advanced knowledge of practices and procedures of retail-oriented investment products and financial planning