A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.
If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.Principal Responsibilities:
- Conduct fundamental industry/sector research. Analyze and explain financial, management, cyclical, environmental, economic, operational and other drivers that impact a borrower's ability and willingness to service debt. Develop well-researched short and long-term perspectives.
- Conduct independent, detailed analysis of companies in emerging market economies. Create financial models with historical and projections and analyze key financial metrics. Incorporate sensitivity analyses as warranted. Identify and evaluate external factors that contribute to the issuer's revenues, cash flows, liquidity, leverage and credit profile. Perform analysis from both a long and short-term perspective, factoring in market dynamics/technical factors, with the end result being the assignment of a TRP credit rating, outlook and investment recommendation. Travel regularly (as appropriate) to augment company due diligence process.
- Interact with company management teams, other credit analysts, rating agencies, sell-side analysts, and other TRP investment professionals, including Research Analysts, Traders and Portfolio Managers from TRP Fixed Income, Equity, Responsible Investments and Multi-Asset. Assimilate and filter various sources of information to augment fundamental view and develop long term, well-researched investment theses.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Make sector and credit investment recommendations to Portfolio Managers, other Analysts, credit and advisory committees and external clients. Proactively communicate credit recommendations (and changes) orally and in writing on a timely basis. Combine sector outlook with individual borrower and relative value metrics, seeking investments that generate above-average returns on a risk-adjusted basis. Proactively dialogue with Portfolio Managers across the investment platform to ensure high conviction ideas are owned in appropriate strategies and low conviction ideas are exited as appropriate.
- Academic excellence.
- Most critical attributes are solid analytical skills, insight and effective communication.
- TRP emphasizes a team-oriented approach and highly values collaboration.
- The analyst will be expected to demonstrate these attributes on both an individual and group level, developing cooperative relationships with other TRP investment professionals regionally and globally.
Other attributes include:
- Previous/directly relevant industry experience of 5 years minimum.
- Experience understanding and evaluating company creditworthiness and management quality.
- Ability to make judgments based on market knowledge.
- Fluency with financial statement modeling and analysis.
- Prior investment research experience, particularly in regards to companies located in emerging market economies.
- Inquisitive and proactive nature, driven to excel in all aspects of the analytical process. Flexible, responsive and self-starting personality with keen attention to detail. Open-minded, flexible thought process.
- Willingness to pursue and explore ideas and potential investment opportunities; substantiating one's ideas in response to questioning by Portfolio Managers, other Analysts and Traders.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Active participation in meetings/conference calls with global team members.
- Strong, independent work ethic.
- Willingness to travel regularly (approximately 3-5 times annually on average). Travel involves site and conference visits in the CEEMEA region as well as to other TRP offices, especially in the United States.
- Written and verbal fluency in Russian and/or Turkish language.
- Advanced degree (MBA) and/or CFA.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.