Associate Portfolio Manager
A primary focus for the Associate Portfolio Manager will be to assist the portfolio management team in the selection and monitoring process for managers engaged as sub-advisors, mutual funds, and exchange traded funds. This includes developing and using analytical tools to monitor performance as well as writing research reports and investment commentaries. The Associate Portfolio Manager will also work with other members of the portfolio management team to refine, develop and assist in the daily implementation of the overlay portfolio management process for Natixis Investment Managers Solutions.
- Collect and analyze manager performance data and performance attribution
- Analyze performance attribution reports on separate account strategies to identify key factors affecting performance. Strategies covered will include domestic large cap and small cap equities, international equity strategies (including emerging markets), real estate and a variety of fixed income strategies.
- Partner with the portfolio management team to integrate additional quantitative tools into the manager screening, research and monitoring process.
- Assist portfolio managers in writing investment commentaries, investment rationale and performance attribution analysis on separate account strategies. This includes pieces distributed internally to the sales force, commentaries for clients/financial advisors and updates for sponsor firm due diligence teams.
- Compile quarterly performance and portfolio characteristic data. Monitor performance of separate account composites relative to benchmarks as well as the corresponding institutional composites.
- Participate in and lead conference calls with sub-advisor portfolio management teams.
- Coordinate the onboarding of new managers who are providing model portfolios for implementation by Natixis Investment Managers Solutions.
- Assist other portfolio management staff with active tax loss harvesting process, maintenance of active ETF proxy baskets, and providing direction to trading with respect to model and account implementation.
- Collaborate with portfolio management colleagues on product development projects
- 2-5 years’ experience monitoring/evaluating investment management strategies
- Undergraduate degree. Progress towards CFA designation or desire to pursue strongly preferred
- Eloquent and persuasive communicator (verbal and written)
- Strong technology skills. Prior experience with financial technologies (FactSet, Bloomberg, Morningstar, etc.), coding and advanced Excel skills, viewed favorably
- Ability to think critically and research and analyze data
- Outstanding client service/interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple issues/projects simultaneously
- Resourceful results driven problem solver
For insight on working at Natixis, visit: https://www.im.natixis.com/us/working-at-natixis
Natixis Investment Managers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by law.