Investor Relations Manager
This position reports to the Director of Investor Relations (IR) and collaborates with the Senior Vice President (SVP), the Director and other Senior Management in developing and executing the IR strategy, budget, and global IR program. The primary objective of the IR program is to serve as a resource for investors to obtain information that enables them to make informed investment decisions regarding Ecolab’s shares, to improve analyst coverage and to maintain a premium stock price based on earnings quality, consistency, and transparency.
What you will do
Investor Relations Strategy, Plan, and Execution
- Collaborates with the SVP and Director on the development of the IR strategy, operating plan, and budget.
- Assists in the execution of the IR program:
- Educates and updates investors and analysts:
- Creates investment messages based on value drivers in collaboration with the SVP, Director, and management.
- Keeps shareholders knowledgeable about the company.
- Finds, supports, and encourages prospective investors by broadening awareness and interest through conferences, presentations, meetings, and other relevant media.
- Participates in conference calls, the preparation of conference call scripts, slides, and practice questions (with answers when needed), and practice sessions
- Participates in 1x1 and group meetings with investors
- Uses targeting to identify appropriate institutional investors for marketing contact.
- Supports the investors’ decision-making processes through visits to institutions, individual meetings, visits by analysts and investors to company facilities, and meetings with appropriate senior leaders.
- Contracts for and directs the capital markets database and intelligence system that supports the investor relations program.
- Executes the creation of publications and electronic media used in the IR program. Supervises the data collection, analysis, writing and editing, and production of those materials:
- Collaborates in drafting press releases for internal reviews.
- Annual report: supports Corporate Communications in execution of the theme, content, design, production, and delivery.
- Fact book: executes design, content, production, and delivery.
- Collaborates with the SVP and Director on the IR website section and content.
- Collaborates with SVP and Director in making internal and external presentations and discussions in the IR program.
Support to the Company
- Collaborates with Corporate Planning & Analysis, Public Accounting, Corporate Communications, Law, and others as needed.
- In coordination with the SVP and Director, executes the collection, analysis, and presentation of feedback to management of investor perceptions and opinions, analyst reports and comments, relevant stock price movements, and periodic ownership analysis. In the absence of the SVP or Director, this leader responds to related questions from the senior leaders and investors
- Collaborates with the SVP, Director, Corporate Communication staff and others to ensure that all company external and internal communications are integrated and consistent
- Reviews relevant competitive and comparative industry and company trends and results, reporting them to senior management on a timely basis
- Speaks on behalf of the company at investment presentations, institutions, individual meetings, and discussions, and with the media
- Provide counsel and advice to other senior leaders
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of professional work experience
- 5+ years of experience in investment research/sales, investor relations, and/or finance for a public company
- Experience working with financial modeling techniques used by security analysts to project a company's operating and financial performance and the resulting value for its stock
- Experience working in the financial and investment markets and establishing new relationships in new industries quickly
- Experience with financial and investment analysis and presenting to the investor community
- Experience working with executive stakeholders on strategic initiatives
- Master’s Degree
- CFA Charter
- Buy-side or sell-side experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, superior intellect, and an outstanding ability to communicate using these qualities and skills
- Energetic, efficient, and resourceful team player and individual contributor.
A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of $12 billion and more than 44,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights, and personalized service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the food, healthcare, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
When you come to work at Ecolab, you get to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges and have the opportunity to learn and grow, shape your career, make an impact, and quickly see the importance of your work.