Senior Analyst, Corporate Development
Headquartered in Vancouver, Methanex is the world's leading producer and supplier of methanol. This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned analyst to join our Corporate Development team and work closely with senior management in contributing to the strategic direction of the Company.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Development & Strategy, the Senior Analyst, Corporate Development provides executive leaders with complete analytical support for investment decisions being considered either corporately or regionally. Further, the position reviews a corporate economic valuation model to measure corporate value and the impacts of the various global strategic initiatives. The Senior Analyst supports various commercial investigations and negotiations, and may actively participate in such negotiations and contract development.
Develop and Enhance the Corporate Valuation Model
- Reviews, updates, and manages the Corporate Valuation Model which is a vital tool relied on by the CEO and Senior Management for assessing strategic investment opportunities and validating strategic options for the Company. Interprets and scrutinizes the model results and validates all changes to ensure accuracy. Communicates and presents Corporate Valuation to executive leaders.
- Builds strong working relationships with Finance, Tax, Marketing, Supply Chain, and regional teams to ensure consistency, logic, and appropriateness of key market and operations assumptions.
Financial Analytical Support and Analysis
- Measures the value opportunity for discrete investment opportunities via an independent economic valuation model
- Identifies, documents and examines all key assumptions (i.e. revenue, costs, escalation, growth, manpower, logistics, and distribution market share)
- Provides the economic justification for recommendations to acquire new operations/business and identify or qualify the associated risks
- Presents results to executive leaders as required.
Commercial Negotiation Support
- Contributes to the development of commercial negotiation strategy through detailed analytical and financial valuations support.
- Contributes to the development of commercial contracts and term sheets. Actively supports and participates in commercial negotiations as appropriate.
- Creates a methodology for establishing a ceiling on investment purchase price.
- Supports Due Diligence initiatives related to Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) or Master of Business (MBA) designation to ensure disciplined analytical approach and solid understanding of accounting, and thorough knowledge of DCF analysis and other valuation tools.
- At least 5-7 years of complex analytical experience in similar industries with global operations to understand what the economic drivers are and how they are influenced.
- Expert financial modeling skills using Excel
- Previous commercial experience with developing external relationships.
- Contract management experience.
- Ability to understand assumptions when interpreting results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to confidently interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong communication skills to motivate others to provide accurate, complete information as you need; deliver key messages of economic results to a variety of customers/audiences.
Please email your resume (cover letter optional) to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Analyst, Corporate Development”