The individual will be primarily responsible for the analysis of quantitative, structural, legal and credit aspects of Commercial Mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) both in a primary and surveillance capacity, as well as other corporate structured finance asset classes such as Collateralized Loan obligations (CLO) and ABS SME. Furthermore, the role involves publishing research, participating to market outreach activities as well as working on special projects intended to enhance Moody's analytical approaches and research output. The candidate will be expected to lead rating committees and provide his or her analysis of the potential credit impact of different factors on the credit strength of rated transactions.
- As a lead analyst, analyze and review all quantitative, structural, legal, and credit aspects of Commercial Mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) both in a primary and surveillance capacity, as well as other asset classes such as CLOs and ABS SME. Analyze asset pools, assess transaction structures and quantitatively model cash flows using Moody’s methodologies and models/tools to formulate independent credit opinions and make recommendations to a rating committee. The analysis will also include reviewing legal documents and third party reports.
- Independently present at rating committees and other internal credit discussions and demonstrate sound credit judgment and strong knowledge of Moody’s methodologies
- Write or participate in the writing of high quality research on sectors, transactions and performance trends
- Interact and build relationships with issuers, arrangers, servicers and trustees
- Conduct originator and servicer reviews as well as investor outreach meetings
Contribute to maintenance and improvement of MIS rating methodologies and processes
- Academic degree (BSc or equivalent) in finance, real estate, economics, statistics or related quantitative field
- MSc degree would be desirable
- 7 years of work experience, rating agency related experience is a plus
- Experience in other asset classes: CLOs and ABS SME’s a plus
- Significant and demonstrable experience in handling customer relationships under stress. Able to own and execute the rating process with minimal supervision only.
- Good understanding of commercial real estate occupational, investment, financial and fixed income markets
- Extensive analytical expertise in structured finance, namely CMBS as well as CLOs, ABS SME and cash flow modelling; sound understanding of rating agency methodologies and processes would be desirable
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and statistical knowledge highly desired
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English is essential; command of other languages is an advantage
- Strong quantitative aptitude, proven analytical skills and logical analytical thought process; strong attention to detail
- Sound judgment and highest ethical standards; capable of developing independent opinions and defending own views
- Proactive, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently
Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.