Senior Research Analyst
Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 10,000 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, our company has declared over 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 52-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on merit and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income’s Senior Research Analyst, you will be responsible for assisting with credit analysis on prospective and existing tenants. Your day-to-day may include spreading and analyzing financial statements, writing summaries of tenant’s quarterly earnings and relevant events, and assisting in generating reports that are presented to the Investment Committee and Board of Directors. Your strong analytical background, coupled with understanding of finance and accounting, will be vital as you perform real estate analysis valuation for new transactions.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes:
Analytics & Presentations
- Writing Research reports, which outlines the financial condition of the prospective tenant, along with the analyst’s investment opinion on the transaction. This report plays an important part of the Investment Committee decision-making process.
- In this report, the focus is in several areas, specifically:
- Company overview;
- Corporate financial condition on a historical and present basis;
- Store level P&Ls, if available at this juncture, are analyzed;
- Pro forma projections are performed, specifically on a sensitivity basis, to assess cash flow, liquidity and debt service coverage;
- Industry and competition are discussed (including some industry-specific ratio comparisons, if available)
- Credit scores
- Present proposed transactions to Investment Committee
- Input tenant financial information into Spreadsheet/Sensitivity Analysis to assist in the evaluation of the portfolio health
- Research new opportunities and conduct industry research
- Complete a summary of tenants’ quarterly earnings releases.
- Generate, maintain, and publish periodic reports/industry tracking pieces for senior executives
- Provide morning news updates for investment committee and senior executives
- Maintain databases of information of our tenants and industries
- Special projects: opportunity to work on ad-hoc projects with senior executives
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- Undergraduate degree: B.S. or B.A. with an emphasis on finance, accounting, and/or other related field of study
- 5+ years of work experience strongly preferred
- Strong background in Excel, along with PC skills (Outlook, Word and Power Point)
- Solid understanding of finance and accounting
- Attention to detail and work with minimal oversight
- Thirst for learning new concepts
Realty Income is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information click here. If you require accessibility support to submit your application or other reasonable accommodations to participate in the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 800-375-6700. An employee will respond to your message to begin the interactive process. Please note that this phone number and email address are only for individuals seeking a disability accommodation when applying for a job.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Credit Analysis Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Buy Side Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors