Real Return Analyst
Purpose of Position
THIS POSTING WILL BE USED TO CONDUCT ONGOING RECRUITMENT AND WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Why does the job exist?
This position assists in protecting and growing the New Mexico State Investment Council's permanent endowment funds for current and future generations, through prudent and professional investment management. The SIC's target allocation to Real Estate is 12% and the target allocation to Real Return is 10%. The Real Return portfolio consists of a broad range of asset types including: energy, timberland, agriculture and infrastructure.
How does it get done?
At the direction of, and under the supervision of, the Director, Real Estate and Real Return Group (DRRG) this position:
* Participates in monitoring and reporting on portfolio investments within the RRG including, but not limited to, reviewing financial statements, investment return information, quarterly and annual reports
* Participation in quarterly and annual manager calls and meetings and other ad-hoc monitoring assignments to include preparing regular and ad-hoc reports.
* Researches, reviews and monitors investment pipelines for Real Estate and Real Return
* Assists in undertaking quantitative and qualitative research and due diligence tasks on prospective investment managers, strategies and organizations in the real estate and real return areas
* Provides analysis, market intelligence and opinion to the DRRG and the Deputy State Investment Officer and participates in the development and maintenance of investment policy and procedures and contributes to portfolio construction
* Attends industry conferences, workshops and related professional gatherings
Who are the customers?
This position supports the DRRG and the CIO in growing the corpus of the Fund for the benefit of New Mexican residents.
Candidates must possess strong written and spoken communications skills, as well as analytical and organizational skills. Prior experience in investing in real estate or other assets is desired.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Management and Administration, Applied Mathematics or Statistics and four (4) years of work experience in institutional investing, pension fund management, trust fund management, or applied mathematics. Master's degree in the above fields or Financial Engineering may substitute for (2) years of the recommended work experience. Substitutions Apply. See Substitution Table below.
These combinations of education and experience qualify you for the position:
Education Experience Education Experience 1 High School Diploma or Equivalent AND 8 years of experience OR High School Diploma or Equivalent AND 8 years of experience 2 Associate's degree in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification AND 6 years of experience Associate's degree or higher in any field AND 8 years of experience 3 Bachelor's degree in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification AND 4 years of experience 4 Master's degree in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification AND 2 years of experience 5 PhD degree in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification AND 0 years of experience
• Education and years of experience must be related to the purpose of the position.
• If Minimum Qualification requires a specific number of "semester hours" in a field (e.g. 6 semester hours in Accounting), applicants MUST have those semester hours in order to meet the minimum qualifications. No substitutions apply for semester hours.
Must possess and maintain a current Defensive Driving Course Certificate from the State of New Mexico or must pass and receive Defensive Driving Course Certification as a condition of continued employment.
Executive Order 2021-046 requires all employees with the State of New Mexico to provide either proof of COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a COVID-19 viral test every week.
The Public Health Order (on Vaccination) dated August 17, 2021, requires Congregate Care Facility Workers and Hospital Workers to be fully vaccinated.
If you have questions about whether these requirements apply to this specific position, contact the agency contact listed on this advertisement.
Links to the referenced Executive Order and Public Health Order can be found on the State Personnel Office website homepage: www.spo.state.nm.us
Work is usually performed in an office setting, with extensive exposure to Visual/Video Display Terminal (VDT), personal computer, tablet, printer, calculator, hole-punch, cellphone, copy machine, scanner, keyboard, and telephone usage. Sitting for long periods of time, bending, stooping to file, and occasionally lifting a minimum of 25 pounds.
Do you know what Total Compensation is? Click here
Agency Contact Information: Paul Chapman (505) 930-4600 Email
For information on Statutory Requirements for this position, click the Classification Description link on the job advertisement.
Bargaining Unit Position
This position is not covered by a collective bargaining agreement.