Senior Analyst, CMBS Surveillance
The Role: Located in Toronto or Chicago, the individual will be responsible for the ongoing surveillance of a portfolio of CMBS transactions rated by DBRS, publishing periodic updates and performing annual and event-driven deal reviews using a quantitative modeling approach to assess credit risk and ratings implications. The individual will serve as a lead analyst and make regular presentations to credit committee and will be responsible for drafting press releases for all ratings actions.
- Ongoing monitoring of performance metrics by analyzing property-level documents (operating statements, rent rolls and property inspections) for the underlying collateral in an assigned portfolio of CMBS transactions.
- Communicating with third parties, such as servicers and other information providers, to obtain collateral updates.
- Presentation of loan and bond-level analysis and recommendations to credit committee for discussion and approval.
- Working with a publishing group to produce written deliverables for DBRS rating actions for publication.
- Assisting in the composition of surveillance reports and market and industry commentary for investors and conference audiences.
- The successful candidate will have 2+ years commercial real estate experience and possess a degree in finance, real estate or a related area.
- The individual must be able to work in a fast paced environment, be analytical and highly attentive to detail.
- The candidate will be highly poised and possess excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- In addition, candidates must possess a high degree of proficiency in Excel as well as the intellectual curiosity to develop new applications and to perform complex analyses.
- Well-developed writing skills are also required.
- All necessary documents are required for domestic and international travel.