Consultant / Junior Consultant
Mahajan & Aibara Advisers LLP is looking for enthusiastic, driven, bright freshers, semi qualified and experienced individuals to join our growing Management Consultancy, Market & Feasibility study, Asset Management, Valuations and Transaction Advisory practice. M&A assists in the delivery of a variety of complex / medium complexity assignments in the areas of Hospitality & Real Estate Consultancy.
As a member of the M&A team, the Junior Consultant / Consultant plays an integral role in contributing to the successful execution of client engagements and building the firm's reputation for high quality product & service.
Market & Feasibility Assignments
- Review secondary sources of information, compile and collate data. This would be the first step in conducting the Market Assessment & Feasibility study including detailed financial analysis / Business Plan.
- Co-ordinate & conducting fieldwork for market & feasibility assignments including developing project plans, fieldwork task schedules and preparing for interviews, gathering documentation, and liaising with client staff.
- Analyse data found at time of primary and secondary research
- Identify, develop and document issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Assisting in preparing financial models and presentations that would be discussed with the client.
- Transaction Advisory – Introduction, negotiating, structuring & documentation for hospitality / real estate assets & or companies.
- Provide advice and creative solutions for a diverse range of private and state-owned businesses as well as Financial institutions.
- Guide them through major transactions, operational changes and strategic decisions
- Assist strategic buyers and financial Investors in sourcing, structuring and negotiating deals including uncovering potential risks or opportunities to deliver deal value to our clients
- Assisting in financial modelling and Investor pitch books / Memorandum preparation
- Assisting in Financial Due Diligence
Other Supporting Roles
- Hotel Asset Management
- Introduction, negotiation and documentation of Hotel Management Contracts
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working in our multi-disciplined teams, you will apply your talents to a wide variety of interesting complex, demanding and high profile transactions from acquisitions to assisting clients with complex internal decisions such as build / not build etc.
- To assist by undertaking smaller assignments or assist in larger assignments reporting to a Director or Associate Director, with their supervision
- Research and preparation of presentations / reports and to support the senior team
- Establishing credibility with clients / targets as a representative of Mahajan & Aibara
- Maintaining business contacts at middle/senior levels (i.e. it is our expectation that manager will make a positive commitment to maintaining contact with people they meet on assignments, who may become important providers of work in the future)
- To actively participate in compiling proposals / business development activities
- To contribute to the effective working of the team and development of team morale
- To be a team player and contribute to practice development initiative, if possible sales, people, solution development etc.
Eligibility Criteria & Requirements:
- Key criteria - hunger to learn, apply knowledge, self motivated, keen to grow with the organisation
- Semi qualified or fresh CA, MBA, Masters, CFA
- Masters and / or Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Economics, Management, Hospitality Studies.
- 0 – 3 years of experience.
- Experience writing reports / presentations.
- Experience in working on financial models
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple assignments
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and confidence to persuade others and sell your ideas and services.
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite
- Commensurate with industry standards and based on experience and calibre of the individual
- Mumbai, India