This position assists in protecting and growing the SIC's permanent endowment funds for current and future generations, through prudent and professional investment management. The position will support the Director of Public Equity in developing quantitative models and analytical processes to support and improve investment decisions, assist in due diligence, review and selection of new managers and investments. Position requires a significant degree of quantitative and qualitative analysis, monitoring and documentation of managers and investments within those portfolios. Typical decision making is related to decisions that are made in the process of forming recommendations and producing written reports.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work in coordination with the Director of Equity Portfolio and at the direction and supervision of the Deputy State Investment Officer (DSIO)
• Analyze existing investments and managers and participate as a member of the Global Equity Group (GEG), including monitoring, reporting, and making recommendations to the GEG on portfolios assigned to the group (eg, performance, portfolio construction relative to policy and guidelines, advanced financial analysis, and contract compliance); performing directed studies and projects; monitoring capital markets and providing expert analysis, opinion and recommendation; assisting in the preparation of presentations and is available for meetings or discussion.
• Research new managers, strategies, and investments in the GEG area for investment opportunities, including attending industry conferences, workshops; developing relationships with peers and industry professionals; working with general consultant; arranging meetings, correspondence, and other due diligence activities for this universe.
• Develop new models to analyze and interpret data to support and improve investment decisions in the Public Equity portfolio including data management for the data used in the modeling.
• Perform other, related duties, as assigned by the Group Director or DSIO.