Joint Assistant Vice President/Assistant Vice President - Products
Job Role - The key areas of responsibilities are as follows:
- To successfully analyze and deliver product related initiatives that addresses the needs of various distribution channels. Lead efforts related to product feasibility analysis and product research
- Responsible for all aspects of products w.r.t features, positioning, the sales pitch for existing as well as new products.
- Partner with Investment Management, Strategy, Distribution and Senior Management to identify, scope and prioritize new product ideas and product enhancements that will evolve and differentiate the product range in the mutual fund and PMS market
- Monitor and be aware of industry trends impacting the product line to leverage the firm’s investment capabilities. Tracking new products in the market and updates on existing competitors' products and proactively identifying the opportunities in both, debt and equity to position/launch products to suit the customer need. Data analysis on mutual fund performance of various categories, identifying trends for unique positioning of HDFC MF products.
- Develop creative approaches to structuring pooled vehicles, managed accounts and other new products that lend themselves to differentiation and profitability
- Prepare and periodically update PPTs, Leaflets, Term sheets, FAQs, etc. of existing products.
- Prepare write-ups / articles on HDFC MF products, overall macro and other investment themes as per requirements.
- Support Sales team by proactively providing necessary data and inputs to enable Sales people to better engage with clients.
Knowledge & Essential Skills:
- Strong analytic ability; ability to think strategically and creatively as it relates to product development and meeting client investment needs
- Ability to build effective relationships and leverage a network of partners across Asset Management in legal, product, operations and distribution
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including an ability to translate technical, operational and regulatory information into understandable terms
- Demonstrated track record of successful presentation in senior management forums.
- Ability to get things done in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Qualification: CA or CFA