Vice President, US Structured Credit
U.S. Structured Credit (US SC) is an rating analytics team that assigns ratings, monitors ratings, develops research and maintains rating methodologies for US collateralized loan obligations (CLOs), other corporate securitizations and bespoke rating opportunities.
The individual will be primarily responsible for the analysis of the quantitative, structural, legal, and credit aspects of CLOs and other structured credit transactions, publishable research, and special projects intended to enhance DBRS Morningstar’s analytics and research.
The candidate will be expected to lead rating committees and analyze the potential credit impact of the terms of the transaction documents. At times, the individual will work closely with lawyers and other supporting staff in rating transactions.
- Act a lead rating analyst for cash flow CLOs and other structured credit transactions.
- Model cash flows and analyze transaction documents for the purpose of determining credit risk and ratings
- Communicate with clients, including arrangers, issuers, investors, and outside legal expert
- Write publishable research, including transaction-related reports, articles and in-depth reports on credit issues affecting the industry
- Master s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Financial Engineering or related quantitative field with at least 5 years in the offered occupation of Financial Analyst or related occupation involving credit analysis for structured credit transactions.
- Knowledge of CLO transactions is a must.
- Candidates with a undergraduate degree but with strong CLO work experiences will also be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills essential
- Strong modeling skills and ability to perform cash flow analysis with MS Excel or other structured finance analytical tools
- Strong analytical orientation
- Working knowledge of legal matters involving structuring and operation of structured transactions
- Sound judgment and highest ethical standards
- Capable of developing independent opinions and defending own views
- Professional, pro-active, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Ability to adapt to changing market conditions and business environment
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative, without the need for close supervision
- Rating agency related experience is a plus
Nice to have
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)