Alcentra, Product Specialist
- In co-ordination with BNYM IM Sales, maintain a regular dialogue with existing clients to understand their requirements and find opportunities to provide solutions using the asset management skills within Alcentra globally
- Targeted development of new client relationships via BNYM IM sales with investors who may require Alcentra's services
- Work closely with Investor Relations, who are available to service regular requests of existing clients, and Product Management, who are available to respond to specific questions and RFPs from targeted clients with a view to raising additional capital
- Tailor marketing and communications materials to specific client audiences.
- Host on-site due diligence meetings with potential clients.
- Maintain strong working relationships and coordination with internal investment professionals and product management support teams to meet the needs of clients including the review and editing of questionnaires, RFPs/RFIs, and ad hoc data information requests from those clients.
- Maintain strong working product knowledge of the firm's marketable investment strategies, including differentiators, strategy descriptions, fee schedule, etc.
- Update notes on conversations and progress with clients in Engage/Salesforce CRM
- Attend industry events and conferences throughout the year and establish an informal network of relationships with industry professionals.
- Language skills covering the targeted regions are highly desireable, but not a pre-requisite for the role
- Bachelor's degree required. CFA highly desirable.
- Sound understanding of the institutional and wholesale investment business
- Understanding of the firm's investment strategies (liquid sub-investment grade credit, structured credit, stressed and distressed debt and private debt) or an ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients/prospects/consultants, management and peers.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize numerous projects and tight deadlines.
- Highly professional, organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- High level of computer literacy including very strong power point and excel skills
- Ability to travel within Continental Europe
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.