Cognitive Credit is a scale-up technology company that develops advanced analytics software for global credit investors. We currently work with the world’s largest investment banks, asset managers, and hedge funds. Our aim is to automate as much of a credit analyst’s workflow as possible to free up institutional investors’ resources and empower their businesses to be as productive and insightful as possible.
We are expanding our team to support our new US High Yield Bond product, and are looking for entrepreneurial financial analysts to work hand-in-hand with our technology team and senior management to support data analysis and product development.
Primary job responsibilities include collecting and managing corporate financial data as well as financial statement analysis and modeling. We seek passionate, innovation-minded finance and accounting professionals who want to expand their career in a high-growth setting and gain exposure to the fintech industry.
An ideal candidate for this position would have an accounting or corporate finance education, with professional training in corporate accounting/audit, financial analysis, and/or credit markets. Start-up experience is not required, but a start-up mind-set is essential; this includes flexibility, passion, and creativity.
This job is for you if:
- you have an accounting background and/or are a skilled accountant / financial data analyst looking to develop new skills, both financial and technological, while expanding your professional horizons
- you are highly analytical, detail-oriented, motivated by data integrity challenges, and can work independently
- you believe that there ‘must be a better way’ with respect to automating the repetitive tasks in your current job
- you are interested in working in a start-up environment with fast growth potential that prioritizes innovation
- you take ownership to drive solutions and are a self-starter
- strong academic track record, with a background in accounting and/or finance
- accounting and/or finance qualifications such as CPA or CFA preferred
- financial statement audit/analysis capabilities; familiarity with creating financial models/reports from scratch
- US GAAP experience is essential; IFRS experience is useful
- ability to demonstrate superior work performance, attention to detail, and a commitment to outstanding results
- good Excel knowledge plus experience with data management
- passion for technology and learning new tools
- fluent in English and eligible to work in the US
- growing our data by processing financial reports using the Company’s proprietary data extraction system, assembled using cutting-edge machine learning technology
- analyzing resulting output for accuracy and completeness using internally developed audit tools and techniques
- monitoring / “owning” your coverage universe to support live data updates during corporate earnings season
- interacting with our clients, the world’s leading investment firms, to answer questions about data and product functionality; supporting sales and account management teams
- discussing product priorities and strategic objectives with a management team that has many decades of buy-side and sell-side experience working in institutional credit markets
- collaborating with the engineering team to review system performance and identifying opportunities for improvement, including both internal analyst tools and our client-facing application
Competitive salary, plus benefits and equity options, subject to individual experience. 20 days PTO.
Dynamic, innovative, analytical, and collaborative.
This role is based in Charlotte, NC, but the business is currently fully remote due to COVID-19. The position can offer a high degree of remote working flexibility upon return to the office. The parent company is based in London, UK.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.