Vestor Capital is a fee-only registered investment advisory firm located in Chicago. We manage more than $1.5 billion in assets for households spread across the country. Our core investment philosophy is to invest in companies with improving business fundamentals. A large portion of our assets are comprised of internally managed individual U.S. large-cap stock portfolios. In addition, we offer clients satellite equity and fixed income mutual funds and ETF’s covering all major global asset classes. Finally, we offer private alternatives including real estate, private equity, and venture capital.
Job Title: Investment Analyst
Employment Type: Full Time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
The Investment Analyst will be part of a team that is responsible for managing the investment portfolio. Core duties include recommending, managing, and monitoring equity and mutual fund positions, along with assisting in portfolio trading.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting thorough fundamental equity research including financial statement analysis and equity valuation
- Prepare brief company write-ups
- Present new ideas to Investment Committee for review and approval
- Review quarterly and annual earnings reports and earnings call transcript review
- Research mutual funds and ETFs for inclusion in investment portfolios
- Monitor mutual funds for performance and adherence to investment strategy
- Assist in trade executions for newly approved investments
- Learn Tamarac portfolio management trading system
- Recent graduate with 1-3 years of experience, preferably in finance/wealth management
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or business preferred
- Completed at least Level I of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program
- Series 65 license will be required within 180 days
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg
- Strong technical skills, analytical ability, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and intellectually curious
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Team player who works well in a collaborative, performance-driven work environment
All submissions must include a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Company website: www.vestorcapital.com.
Inquiries to email: Vestor@vestorcapital.com