Intermediate Analyst - High Yield/Leveraged Loans
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Allstate Investments manages over $90 Billion of assets. Our goal is to provide sustainable, competitive, risk-adjusted investment returns and investment-related services for the benefit of The Allstate Corporation. Investment performance for our portfolios has consistently provided excess returns for our customers, and we attribute that success in large part to the quality of our people. The size of the investment group exceeds 300 individuals across a variety of investment disciplines including, fixed income, equities, private debt and equity securities and commercial mortgages, as well as, finance, risk and technology. We recognize that our employees are our ultimate advantage and we seek to attract and
retain highly qualified individuals with strong academic backgrounds, a deep interest in investments and a desire to be challenged. For additional information about Allstate Investments, LLC, visit our website at www.AllstateInvestments.com
Area of Responsibility
As part of Allstate Investment’s Below Investment Grade (BIG) activities, we invest in high yield bonds and broadly syndicated bank loans for several mandates including the Allstate general accounts and Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLOs) managed by our team under the AIMCO name.
Allstate Investments Public Asset Group is seeking an intermediate analyst to join our credit research team that supports our High Yield and Leveraged Loan/CLO portfolios.
The intermediate analyst role involves following various leveraged investments and making recommendations based on a thorough understanding of industry and company fundamentals, as well as valuation. Our process is very team-oriented, so the ability to work well within the group is critical. The goal of the research team is to help deliver the best possible results for our clients. This job involves working closely with portfolio managers, developing investment themes, credit analysis and relative value recommendations.
- The Intermediate Analyst will be expected to focus on the following:
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to support the underwriting of potential investment opportunities; this involves thoroughly reviewing the deal presentations and other related company or industry material, attending or viewing the issuer’s road show presentation, discussing the company’s historical financial performance and business outlook with the portfolio managers to assure that all the relevant issues are properly considered and resolved. This activity often takes place on an accelerated time frame.
- Making recommendations that will drive portfolio outperformance. For existing issues, this includes reviewing quarterly operating results, writing credit reports and updates, developing and updating financial models, reviewing key industry issues and competitors and monitoring changes in prices and spreads.
- Contributing to the improvement of the overall investment process by continually exploring new ideas, processes and technologies that will benefit the group.
- Provide support for internal and external communications on an as-needed basis.
Challenges Within The First 12 Months
The most significant challenges for the Intermediate Analyst for the first 12 months include:
- Learning the organization, culture and processes;
- Establishing credibility with and earning the trust of the Portfolio Managers and the other asset teams within Allstate;
- Developing sufficient knowledge of current portfolio holdings to preserve strong financial performance and seek attractive investment opportunities for the portfolios.
- Three years of investment experience with a focus on High Yield/Leveraged Loans
- Solid understanding of the capital markets, quantitative methods, finance, economics and market cycles
- Investment banking and/or credit training a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to be a reliable team player, to build trust and confidence through collaborations with a wide range of internal and external colleagues.
- Ability to work efficiently, organize and prioritize assignments
- Ability to work well with internal and external contacts
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Products and Bloomberg
A bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related with strong academic performance; MBA and/or CFA a plus.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
More searches like this
- Credit Analysis Insurance Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Insurance Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Sell Side Insurance Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Insurance Insurance Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors