Associate Product Manager / Product Manager
JOB SUMMARY: What should we build next? You’ll be the one answering that question as a web application Product Manager. Be an owner of one of our fixed income applications and help drive user engagement and retention. As a Product Manager you will manage the product roadmap, conduct user research, and translate insights into actions to drive further engagement with the application.
InspereX was founded to help better connect fixed income participants. We have two applications to help with sourcing and distribution: BondNav and Incapnet. BondNav is a fixed income aggregator for wealth advisers and portfolio managers, helping them find, vet, and purchase desirable bonds at desirable prices. Incapnet assists in investment banking and issuance of bonds while also distributing and finding liquidity for those newly issued bonds.
Success in this role is driven by the ability to talk to users while sifting through feedback and data to identify pain points and opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and manage the product roadmap for your designated application, in support of business goals and objectives
- Conduct user research and become an expert in our users’ workflows and understand their pain points
- Develop hypotheses and validate them through testing
- Define requirements and write detailed feature specifications
- Prioritize features while understanding the tradeoffs, and constantly evolve a well-groomed backlog
- Review and maintain existing features, as well as develop new features that push adoption, engagement, and transactions
- Review PRDs for missing requirements and edge cases
- Develop relationships with the Fixed Income business stakeholders to help gather business requirements for the application
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate is a motivated, dynamic, analytical, and results-oriented individual and will have experience managing a consumer web application with little direction in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred qualifications include:
- 1+ years of experience as a Product Manager (highly preferred); business analyst and/or project management experience will be considered
- CFA candidate or Charterholder
- An understanding of fixed income and/or experience in the financial services industry highly preferred
- Understanding of and experience with Agile framework
- Experience with SQL
- This position requires long periods of sitting behind a desk, performing tasks on computer.
- Work from home during COVID restrictions, with flexible in office / work from home opportunity after restrictions are lifted.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, nor does it imply any contract of employment. Employment with the company remains at-will. InspereX is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job for which an individual has applied. EOE m/f/d/v