Equity Analyst / Senior Analyst - Principal Listed Infrastructure
Principal is looking to hire an Equity Analyst or Senior Equity Analyst to support its Listed Infrastructure (public equity) investment strategy. The Listed Infrastructure strategy was launched in 2019 and is well positioned for growth in the coming years.
Within the listed infrastructure team, you’ll perform in-depth, bottom-up fundamental research on an assigned coverage universe and make investment recommendations that inform portfolio holdings and positioning.
Areas of focus include:
- Equity research: Independently conduct extensive and differentiated fundamental equity research on an assigned universe of securities, uncovering information overlooked by other investors.
- Securities analysis: Develop company valuation models and adopt tools consistent with our investment process to identify alpha generating investment ideas.
- Security selection: Provide formal buy and sell investment recommendations. Convey high conviction recommendations both in written and oral form.
- Industry analysis: Provide insightful and valuable commentary on industry data and provide forecasts of future trends. Make recommendations regarding portfolio sector and geographic positioning.
- Marketing: Instill confidence in third parties by demonstrating a deep understanding of assigned coverage universe and a solid grasp of the stocks outside assigned universe.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA and/or CFA strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of public equity experience on either the buy-side or sell-side.
- Infrastructure stock coverage experience is ideal.
- MBA or equivalent required and a strong preference for CFA charterholders.
- 6+ years of equity analysis experience required.
- Prior experience analyzing infrastructure securities a must, with a strong preference for those candidates who have previously held research responsibility for utility and transportation infrastructure companies in Europe and/or Latin America and have a demonstrable track record of positive contributions to investment performance.
Additional skills needed:
- Possess a clear passion for investing and a history of adding value in a collaborative investment environment.
- Exceptional financial statement analysis and accounting knowledge.
- Advanced financial modeling experience, including prior experience utilizing a DCF-based valuation approach.
- Demonstrated interest in ESG and sustainability topics.
- Strong business acumen and superior judgment.
- Owner mentality and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Travel as needed and required.
This position may be subject to SEC restrictions on personal political contributions.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.