Investment Management Specialist
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence. We accomplish this by:
- Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
- Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
- Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth
WIM serves clients through the following businesses:
- Wells Fargo Private Bank serves high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Wells Fargo Advisors provides investment advice and guidance to clients through more than 13,200 full-service financial advisors and referrals from more than 5,450 licensed bankers.
- Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of institutions, financial advisors, and individuals worldwide.
Through Wells Fargo Private Bank, WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and a number of specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth clients.
WIM is hiring an Investment Management Specialist. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Assist Senior Investment Managers in handling investment management activities for a group of clients
- Manage simple to moderately complex investment portfolios for Investment Management accounts and/or fiduciary (irrevocable and revocable trust) accounts
- With limited investment strategy authority and generally handling smaller accounts, work under the direct supervision of management or more senior staff
- Consult with Relationship Manager, Financial Consultant, Private Banker, Account Administrator (if applicable) and client to deliver "full balance sheet" solutions based on management philosophy and customer objectives
- Utilize an investment consulting approach to execute investment strategies leveraging individual securities (incl. equities, bonds, ETFs, real estate securities, etc.), pooled vehicles (incl. open and closed end Mutual Funds and DIFs), "open architecture" platforms, and "alternative" investments to maximize returns commensurate with an acceptable level of risk for the client.
- Perform investment research, keeps informed of developments in investment management industry and confers with tax attorneys, accountants, etc., to determine other consequences of investment decisions and resolve account problems
- Assist in business development through sales/marketing while leveraging partnership opportunities throughout the firm
- May be located in either an office or center environment
- 2+ years of investment support experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or demonstrated progress toward the designation
AZ-Scottsdale: 8601 N Scottsdale Rd - Scottsdale, AZ
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.