Manager, Credit and Capital Resources
4 days left
UNS Energy Corporation, headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, is a subsidiary of Fortis Inc., the largest investor-owned electric and gas distribution utility in Canada. UNS Energy Corporation’s public utility subsidiaries, Tucson Electric Power Company, UNS Electric, Inc. and UNS Gas, Inc., provide electric and gas service to customers in southern and northern Arizona. For more information about UNS Energy Corporation, visit http://www.uns.com.
Tucson Electric Power provides safe, reliable electric service to approximately 433,000 customers in Southern Arizona. We provide the energy behind Tucson’s economy. We also embrace a spirit of giving, dedicated to improving quality of life in the community we have served since the 1890s. We’re building a cleaner, greener grid, with more wind and solar power than ever before, while maintaining safe, reliable and affordable service. Our culture is rooted in shared core values and shaped by a team of innovative, dedicated and engaged professionals who power our vision and make a difference every day.
In return, TEP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes a 401k plan with a generous company match, a company-sponsored pension plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more.
We are currently seeking a talented individual for the position of Manager, Credit and Capital Resources. The successful candidate will take responsibility for activities related to the acquisition and management of capital resources including debt and lease financings and compliance. Oversee credit risk management for the wholesale and commodity trading activity. Oversee cash management and related account reconciliations.
- Participates in the preparation of analyses and documentation for use in registration statements, official statements, indentures, loan agreements, underwriting or private placement agreements, regulatory filings and other related documentation required for the issuance or refinancing of company securities. Manages the preparation of documents required for compliance with covenants in debt and lease agreements.
- Performs or assists in investment and commercial banking relations, including negotiating terms and conditions of various financings. Maintains relationships with bankers, trustees and remarketers.
- Directs and performs research and analysis of issues related to financing plans, capital management strategies, and dividend paying ability.
- Reviews and participates in the preparation of periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Manages the company’s credit risk management activities relating to wholesale power marketing and trading and gas and power procurement. Manages the risk control function for wholesale power trading activities. Maintains and updates system of internal controls, including transaction process flows, segregation of duties and exposure monitoring. Monitors compliance with risk control parameters.
- Manages short-term borrowing activities.
- Oversees cash management activities including review of account reconciliations for bank and investment accounts.
- Consistent with the short-term liquidity forecast, directs the investment of excess cash held by the Company and its affiliates in high quality short-term investments. Ensures that such investments comply with the Company’s policy on temporary investments.
- Responsible for protecting Company’s financial assets from fraud – ability to detect and circumvent fraud, create and implement new controls, processes and technologies to negate fraud.
- Manages, plans, documents and maintains the area’s Business Continuation Plan or Disaster Plan because the Treasury Services area is designated as Business Critical.
- Performs other assignments as requested.
- Ensure that the Company’s management principles, policies and programs are consistently practiced and continually support the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Comply with and administer the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Assume fiduciary responsibility for operating the business and provide recommendations on cost improvement measures.
- Ensure that the Performance Management program is administered uniformly and effectively.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A college degree in business, finance, accounting or related field of study. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong analytical ability.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work on multiple tasks under pressure. Emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of effective controls.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred, with a demonstrated ability to work independently.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Credit Analysis Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Risk Management Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) Full Time jobs in Bachelors