Equity Research Analyst
Heard Capital LLC, a Chicago IL based alternative investment management firm, is looking for an investment analyst to work alongside our investment Partners. This role demands a close involvement in the fund’s ongoing investment process and market analysis. Primary tasks include but are not limited to financial and quantitative model construction, fundamental security analysis, and macro level data analysis.
Our ideal candidate should have the following:
- Strong interest in global financial markets and economic events
- Experience in deep fundamental analysis and financial modeling
- Firm understanding of various investment concepts, styles and key economic/market drivers
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel/VBA and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of market data systems (Bloomberg, FactSet, Capital IQ, Thomson Reuters)
- The ability to work within a small team and on a self-directed basis
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for investing and learning
- 0-2 Years of prior work experience preferably in investment banking, equity research or investment management
The primary responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working with senior colleagues to analyze the global telecommunications, media, technology, financials and industrial markets, with a focus on identifying mis-valued securities.
- Conducting top – down analysis of global macroeconomic landscape, geographic and sector-specific trends
- Conducting bottom – up analysis of corporate profitability, financial statements, and valuation.
- Analyzing businesses and company financial statements and building/enhancing financial models.
- Conducting portfolio attribution analysis and developing related marketing materials to be presented to current and prospective investors.