Senior DC Retirement Consultant
OVERVIEW OF SENIOR DC RETIREMENT CONSULTANT POSITION
This role is open for candidates in Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto.
The Consultant will play a key role in our Retirement practice by providing consulting services and advice mainly to clients sponsoring Defined Contribution-type programs - Capital Accumulation Plans (CAPs); grow our practice through various business development opportunities; manage your own book of business; contribute to advancing our intellectual capital.
The following are the key duties, responsibilities and required skills for this position:
- Provide superior consulting services and advice in all aspects of CAPs: program design, investments, provider search and implementation, member engagement and communications, plan oversight, legal and governance, ongoing plan optimization;
- Keep abreast of pension legislation, CRA (fiscal) rules, DC industry developments, investments and retirement plan management best practices;
- Actively participate in defining our views, tools and services;
- Occasionally provide support and facilitate services for clients also having DB plans;
- Be a true partner and trusted advisor to our clients.
- Grow your business via prospecting and direct/cross-selling efforts;
- Prepare and present service proposals, directly or responding to RFPs;
- Engage in firm visibility activities such as presentations and articles;
- Participate in setting and delivering on our growth strategy.
- University degree in actuarial, finance or commerce;
- Strong investment knowledge (ideally CFA Charterholder);
- Minimum of 8-10 years of DC consulting and/or provider client servicing experience;
- Strong business development and closing abilities;
- Thorough knowledge of CAP design, provider services, institutional investments, pension and relevant tax legislation as well as CAP industry best practices and governance and regulatory compliance;
- Life licensed in your province or commitment to obtain within first year;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and “can do” attitude;
- Superior interpersonal skills;
- Strong ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Let's stay in touch: Follow us on LinkedIn to see what we are up to and check out our other job openings.
Learn more about us on our website: https://www.bflcanada.ca