Research Associate - U.S. Team
William Blair’s buy-side research team is responsible for identifying quality growth companies that will generate above-average results for clients over time with generally less risk than the market. The team identifies these companies through a combination of rigorous fundamental research and systematic inputs, following a disciplined process that emphasizes team collaboration. As an associate, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build knowledge of assigned industry and companies and keep abreast of related market developments and news.
- Gather and organize research data related to assigned industry and companies, and maintain accurate, current research databases.
- Collect information on financial performance, competitive industry positioning, quality of company management, etc. as directed by senior Research team members.
- Analyze market sectors and trends and conduct financial and accounting statement analyses.
- Develop and maintain financial models for revenue and income forecasts, cash flow analysis, balance sheet and quarterly projections which are aligned with research requests.
- Assist in the preparation of industry and company reports, presentations and exhibits to summarize research findings for Research teams.
- May participate in meetings with company management, brokers, investment and research staff to obtain relevant research information.
- Document and maintain information for analysis activities.
- Ensure all work activities are in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required with concentration in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- 2-3 years of related work experience in investment research or financial services.
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills.
- Financial analysis and accounting statement analysis skills.
- Basic knowledge of investment concepts and products.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with investment and research teams.
- Delivers clear, effective verbal and written communication and takes responsibility for understanding others.
- Proficient in Internet searches and Microsoft Office products.
- Practical and capable of simplifying and summarizing complex information.
- Commits to satisfying internal and external customers.