Global Investment Management RFP Manager
Mesirow is an independent, employee-owned financial services firm founded in 1937. Headquartered in Chicago with offices around the world, we serve clients through a personal, custom approach to reaching financial goals and acting as a force for social good. With capabilities spanning Global Investment Management, Capital Markets & Investment Banking, and Advisory Services, we invest in what matters: our clients, our communities and our culture. Mesirow was also recently named one of the Top Places to Work in Chicago by the Chicago Tribune and one of the Best Places to Work by Crain’s Chicago Business.
The successful candidate will oversee key business development content and workflow, including Request for Proposals (RFPs), Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs) and quarterly Request for Information documents (RFIs). The position will report to our Head of Marketing Operations and directly support a number of our traditional and alternative asset classes and the strategies that they deliver to the marketplace in institutional separate account, fund and/or Collective Investment Trust formats.
The role resides within our Integrated Marketing and Communications team who oversees the Mesirow brand, creating a unified, seamless experience for all key stakeholders, from clients and prospects to the media and the people of Mesirow. The team integrates marketing activity across mixes of tactics, channels, and media environments, ensuring consistent, client-centric messaging and shaping go-to-market strategy for our core businesses in Global Investment Management, Capital Markets & Investment Banking, and Advisory Services.
Support the acquisition, development and retention of high-value client relationships and recurring revenue through:
- RFP / DDQ / Client Questionnaire Content and Coordination: Partner with subject matter experts across Global Investment Management business lines to ensure world-class business development responses. Gain in-depth understanding of each team’s investment philosophy, process, and key differentiators to optimize competitive positioning throughout our RFP process.
- Workflow / Mar Tech stewardship: Maintain an in-depth understanding of RFPIO and the value of efficient, centralized, automated workflow. Partner with the Head of Marketing Operations in the migration of world-class, vetted libraries of line of business responses to the RFPIO platform and support key stakeholder training. On an ongoing basis, ensure best / most current responses are tagged in the system for maximum efficiency.
- Innovation and Best Practice Sharing: Proactively and continuously explore the institutional investment and marketing landscape to identify / report on key trends and ensure adoption of best practices, technologies, and workflows relative to RFP content, production, and archiving.
- Quarter end processes, data consolidation and workflow automation: Serve as a partner to Marketing Operations colleagues, GIM Client Experience Marketers and GIM Operations team as they seek to continuously enhance the timely, accurate delivery of quarter end updates (i.e., RFIs, fact sheets, consultant database updating); contribute to ongoing automation efforts and implementations.
- 5+ years’ experience in asset management marketing or on a portfolio management or client service team
- High degree of financial / investment management acumen; familiarity with equity, fixed income and alternative portfolio management practices, philosophies, and processes
- Familiarity with marketing technology / RFP workflow platforms; RFPIO knowledge preferred
- Ability to liaise / gain credibility with senior investment and distribution professionals
- Outstanding communications skills, both written and verbal
- Able to manage multiple projects with high degree of attention to detail
- Client-focused, solutions- and deadline-oriented, team-oriented, driven, self-motivated
- Able to work within the construct of a well-defined master brand / understand brand value
- Strong sense of accountability
- Quality in everything/strong attention to detail
- Dependable, positive attitude, innovative, collegial and collaborative
- Position located in downtown Chicago
- Four-year degree, preferable focus in marketing/communications
- Series 7 / 24, progress towards CFA and/or MBA beneficial