Chief Investment Officer/Senior Advisor
The duties of this position will primarily involve planning and directing all aspects of the organization’s investment programs. In this role, you will oversee the research, evaluation, and selection of investment securities for Burnett’s client portfolios and ensure the strategies are aligned with client goals. Burnett Financial employs a wide spectrum of asset classes including equities, fixed income, funds, private equity, private placements, etc. You will also be tasked with creating custom investment presentations for clients on an as needed basis.
This role may also include the creation of financial plans for HNW clients, working with the founder on complex financial planning scenarios and presenting plans in client meetings. The CIO/Senior Advisor will have modest to moderate client relationship responsibilities and will work with the team to support the firm’s client base through best-in-class financial planning. The CIO/Senior Advisor would work closely with the Burnett Financial founder to improve the investment processes and the client experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Direct the firm’s investment programs.
- Handle the trading and rebalancing of client accounts.
- Research and evaluate a wide range of investment securities including equities, fixed income, private equity, and private placements.
- Create and manage in-house model portfolios.
- For larger and more complex clients, collaborate with the client and Burnett’s founder on the creation and implementation of customized portfolios.
- Provide advice and guidance for investment opportunities to clients.
- Development of customized and comprehensive personal investment plans.
- Consult with the team on complex investment planning scenarios.
- Work with clients to develop customized financial plans and service them as needed.
- Communicate with clients about their accounts, market conditions, and economic trends.
- Complete and implement special projects with the team as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned and required.
- CFP and/or CFA designation strongly preferred.
- MBA is a plus.
- Proven experience in investment and asset management at a senior level.
- Experience working with clients in a financial planning capacity.
- Strong understanding of investment strategies and risk management.
- Knowledge of financial planning software such as: eMoney or Money Guide Pro preferred.
- 8+ years experience in the financial services/investment management field (client facing experience is a must).
- Strong interest in financial planning and wealth management issues.
- Ability to handle complex investment issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with others.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.