Senior Investment Analyst
The University of Florida Investment Corporation (“UFICO”) promotes the educational purposes of the University of Florida by providing investment research, advice, counsel, and management to and for the University Board of Trustees and affiliated organizations of the University. UFICO provides investment management services for approximately $5 billion of investable assets including the University’s endowment. Further information can be found at www.ufico.ufl.edu.
UFICO is seeking a highly motivated professional to serve as a key member of the investment team. The Senior Investment Analyst will work across asset classes and investment strategies, with a primary focus on private investments, to assist with analysis, research and due diligence. S/he will be charged with evaluating potential opportunities as well as overseeing current investments by attending meetings in UFICO’s office and traveling domestically and abroad.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Assist senior team members in the ongoing monitoring of managers through meetings, calls and reviews of periodic investment reports. Articulate key information and independent conclusions to investment team. Document appropriate information in UFICO’s investment database.
- Assist with performing due diligence to evaluate potential investments opportunities, including sourcing and evaluating external managers as well as keeping abreast of market conditions for various strategies.
- Work with colleagues in order to contribute to the overall asset allocation and risk allocation process through detailed understanding of the broader portfolio and rigorous risk allocation analysis.
- Coordinate with the operations and investment teams to ensure accurate accounting and performance data is maintained in the portfolio management system as well as document underlying positions and investment exposures.
- Generate monthly and quarterly reports for both internal and external stakeholders, including monthly pro-forma reports and quarterly reports for the UFICO Board of Directors. Work with senior team members to enhance reporting of portfolio performance, positioning, and risk statistics.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a major in finance, economics, or statistics. Advanced degree (or progress towards one) is desired.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Preference for individuals with prior relevant investment management experience, in particular experience in or allocating to private equity strategies (buyout, growth equity, venture capital).
- General understanding of basic financial and investment concepts required. CFA designation (or progress towards one) is desired.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills as well as written/verbal communication required.
- Demonstrated capacity of critical thinking and intellectual curiosity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint. Aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies: Backstop, Solovis, Bloomberg and other analytics and portfolio management tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills and compatibility with a team-oriented environment.
- Strong interest in supporting the work of a university endowment.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
- Flexibility and willingness to contribute to areas beyond the direct scope of responsibility.
For consideration, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Senior Investment Analyst – [your name]”
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors