PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION: As an Investment Analyst and member of the Investment team, you will be responsible for providing broad support to the research and due diligence process for a variety of asset classes and specific client needs. In this role you will work with senior investment professionals in the analysis of financial market and investment manager information. You will be responsible for preparing or assisting in the preparation of reports, maintenance of files and databases, compilation of statistical data and other miscellaneous projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with manager due diligence and manager monitoring activities, including review of underlying portfolio investments and documenting monitoring activities.2.
- Works with the Investment Team to enhance the monitoring process of current manager lineup. Assists in developing new tools and processes for managing data. Identify and compile data as needed for investment manager and overall market analysis.
- Participates in the investment manager due diligence process through evaluation of quantitative and qualitative information on investment manager lineup. Produces a variety of investment reports utilized in both internal and external meetings.
- Performs research and analysis on various investment topics as identified by investment department leadership.5. Assists in the preparation of a wide variety of client materials on monthly and quarterly schedules, including the preparation of manager information for client reports.
- Helps maintain databases of marketable and non-marketable investments and investment manager lineup. Monitors data integrity and coordinates resolutions. Utilizes FactSet database and other resources as necessary.
- Assists senior Investment Team personnel with preparations and occasional presentations for in-person client meetings. Stays current on investment markets, concepts and strategies. 7.
- Responsible for support in administrative duties including processing private equity calls and distributions for the private equity funds management. Supports the department by coordinating timelines for project management, meeting and team travel schedules.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Investment Officer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Business, Economics or related field of study preferred. Related work experience with a non-business degree is acceptable.
- Demonstrated achievement in academic pursuits.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Competent with software including Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel experience is a plus as is working knowledge of FactSet.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interest in investments and the capital markets; enjoys doing research, asking questions, and investigating beyond the obvious.
- Ability to maintain highs standards of quality and accuracy so as never to compromise credibility of the team and organization.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, achieves results with little oversight; takes ownership.
- Competent with word processing, data entry, database management, spreadsheet applications and presentation software, internet research and navigation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through, including proofreading and editing skills, and presentation of charts and other data graphs.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, plan ahead, ask the right questions, anticipate and prevent potential problems.
- Ability to analyze data and situations, solve problems, think critically, create and make improvements.
- Ability to protect confidential information, exercise discretion and judgment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of essential job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to the extent that such modification is medically necessary and does not cause an undue hardship.
Fiduciary Counselling, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer