Corporate Development Specialist/Senior Specialist
Senior Specialist, Corporate Development
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Reports to: Senior Manager, Corporate Development and Planning
Requisition Number: 23247
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Calgary office is recruiting for a Specialist or Senior Specialist, Corporate Development to join the team. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Corporate Development & Planning in the Financial Services Service Unit, part of Pembina’s Financial Services Division. The Corporate Development team is primarily involved with the identification, assessment, and execution of strategic transactions. The team actively engages with business unit partners in supporting their efforts in developing, evaluating, and executing on organic business initiatives while also supporting service unit partners where our expertise is required. The Corporate Development team is uniquely positioned within the organization through its broad exposure, making it an ideal opportunity to make a positive impact across the organization.
- Lead and support in the identification and lead the financial evaluation of business opportunities, to assist with executive and board level decision making;
- Lead and support key activities related to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures including managing transaction due diligence;
- Contribute and/or lead in the preparation of presentation materials for executives and the Board of Directors;
- Support evaluation of new market areas and new business opportunities that are aligned with Pembina’s strategy;
- Engage and support Business Units in evaluating organic business initiatives, ensuring projects are evaluated in accordance with established corporate economic standards and providing corporate strategic perspective where applicable;
- Mentor a high performing team;
- Support the Corporate Development team on broader initiatives; and
- Contribute to a team environment that values inclusion & diversity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related discipline;
- CPA, CFA, or MBA preferred;
- 8+ years of specific experience in corporate development or investment banking in the energy infrastructure and/or oil and gas sectors, with a focus on mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures;
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint and Word with advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills;
- Self-starter, strong work ethic, and an ability to think independently and work collaboratively; and
- Results oriented with strong organizational skills and proven ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and react quickly in a fast-paced environment.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and covering letter by clicking on the following link prior to the position closing at midnight on Tuesday September 21, 2021.
You can also access our careers at www.pembina.com