Underwriter, Mortgage Warehouse - Remote or Chicago
Chicago or Remote in Footprint
Associated Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability who need assistance applying for a position with Associated Bank are asked to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible for underwriting, credit monitoring and portfolio management of Commercial Real Estate and/or Commercial/Corporate/Specialized Banking relationships to achieve efficiencies and quality of the process and product, retention and expansion of existing client relationship, growth of total client assets and net growth in relationships. Primary performance responsibilities include analyzing financial data to determine the merits of loan requests (including adherence to loan policy), recommending structure, collecting financial statements, as well as identifying cross selling/referring opportunities of other deposits services. As a Portfolio Manager, this position will maintain and build loans and deposits, fee income and referrals of business. Secondary management of certain accounts may be expected from senior level performers. At a senior level, one may be responsible for training and development of more junior portfolio managers.
- Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established Associated Banc-Corp credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as regulatory guidelines.
- As appropriate to experience, co-manage relationships by analyzing financial data to determine the merits of specific loan requests, and recommend structure as well as aggressively managing the client relationship.
- Responsible for credit risk and quality of the portfolio.
- Partner with the Relationship Manager as the point of a contact for the client; acting as a liaison to the Credit Department, the Commercial support staff and other internal business partners.
- Responsible for identifying cross sales opportunities of all bank products including Treasury Management, International Banking, Private Banking, Private Client and Institutional Services, Employee Benefit Services, and AFG, Capital markets to our existing client base as well as prospects.
- May participate with ad hoc special projects for the team or region as needed.
- Assist with due diligence/analysis with new client relationships, opportunity memos as appropriate.
- May provide advice and counsel to clients regarding trends and conditions of the business environment, capital markets and general banking trends.
- Monitor loan repayment activities and financial condition of borrowing clients and take necessary action to collect past due accounts and ongoing repayment ability of all other accounts. May assume overall responsibility for the credit quality of the loan portfolio.
- May make presentations on specific loans and participate in the bank’s Loan Approval Process, recommending approval and appropriate structure of credits.
- Manage the renewal process by working with the Relationship Manager the client and the credit department.
- May serve as a contact manager for non-borrowing accounts and loan clients for matters relating to other banking services.
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within the region’s marketplace.
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Finance or Accounting or other related discipline, or equivalent related experience Required
- Less than 2 years Commercial/Corporate/Commercial Real Estate/Specialized Banking and/or Credit Approval Experience Required
- 2-7 years Preferred
- Less than 2 years Extensive experience handling complex credits Required
- 2-7 years Preferred
- 2-4 years Sales experience Preferred
- 2-4 years Formal Credit Training Preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- CFA-Charted Financial Analysis , Preferred
- Must have access to reliable transportation and the ability to lawfully drive self, if applicable. by start date, Required
Fully complies with all applicable enterprise policies and procedures. Acts in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as outlined in training materials, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act. Responsible for reporting suspicious activity to Financial Intelligence. Responsible to report all customer complaints as prescribed and procedure violations to management or HR. Responsible to report ethical concerns as needed to Associated’s anonymous Ethics Hotline.
Associated Bank is committed to working diligently with any colleague who needs an accommodation perform the essential functions of the job. Please contact the Leaves & Accommodations office to request an accommodation.