SENIOR EQUITY ANALYST - UTILITIES & REAL ESTATE
The Analyst will perform bottom-up fundamental research within the financial sector with emphasis on banks & diversified financials for the purpose of making buy and sell recommendation to portfolio managers across the US Equities platform.
- Maintain bottom-up research coverage on the utilities and real estate sectors.
- Thought leadership on overall financial cycles and themes and sector positioning across the equity platform.
- Independently and thoughtfully conduct equity research.
- Work collaboratively with our financial sector team leader.
- Generate, develop, and present new investment ideas as well as monitor current investments for all active US equity strategies along with the “best ideas” research portfolio.
- Build and maintain complete company models, create income statement and balance sheet forecasts, and perform valuation analysis.
- Apply economic value added (EVA) analysis and valuation to fundamental models.
- Convey information verbally and through written notes and reports such as industry reviews, company evaluation analyses, and quarterly company updates.
- Frequent and informal communication with portfolio managers on sector and their holdings.
- Initiate and maintain contacts with company managements.
- Bachelor’s degree plus MBA and/or CFA, strongly preferred.
- 10 to 20 years of equity research experience.
- Exceptional knowledge of utilities and/or real estate
- Strong fundamental analytical skills.
- Seasoned and proven judgment and thought process in the field of research.
- Consistent and strong investment performance.
- Advanced financial modeling and valuation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team player mentality.