Investment Analyst III
4 days left
The Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM) is currently seeking a highly qualified individual to fill a vacant Human Resources Analyst III (Investment Analyst) position, grade G-24 in the Pensions, Investments, and Retirement Administration. The Investment Analyst works under general supervision and performs technical work in connection with the Prince George's County Employees Pension Plan. The incumbent will be assigned responsibilities involving senior-level work related to assisting with investment portfolio management and operations for the County's Pension Plans. The Investment Analyst performs tasks associated with, investment portfolio rebalancing activities, liquidity and performance monitoring, and assisting in the due diligence and assessment process for current and prospective investment managers. Duties involve helping to identify and resolve issues that may arise with third-party vendors; including the custodian bank and plan auditors, ongoing implementation of the Pension Board's investment management decisions, and administrative support for performance reporting and other areas that require immediate attention.
Work is evaluated by the Pensions Administrator through the incumbent's ability to resolve day-to-day issues, complete assignments, and other special projects. The position incumbent may lead or provide limited supervision and technical guidance to subordinate positions in conjunction with specified projects.
The incumbent will have a degree of latitude for independent judgment when initiating actions to expedite complex projects and providing recommendations for actions directed by the Board of Trustees.
Examples of Work:
- Investment Operations - supports the day-to-day investment operations, including assisting with the management of external vendor relationships, execution of investment manager documentation, monitoring of commission recapture and securities lending programs, portfolio rebalancing and cash management activities;
- Portfolio Due Diligence - assists in the pensions manager due diligence and assessment process, including writing summaries of all meetings held with pensions managers, provide research and analysis, including recommendations for mitigating operational and portfolio risks;
- Communications and Record-Keeping - acts as liaison to the Pension Plans' Board of Trustees with primary responsibility for the dissemination of meeting materials and production of meeting minutes. Communications would also include regular updates of conferences and training opportunities for plan fiduciaries.
- Analyze, monitor, and assist the Boards of Trustees with the monitoring of the County's Pension Plans' investment portfolios, consisting of recording monthly, quarterly and annual performance statements relating to various investment managers;
- Assist in the verification and monitoring of the contractual provisions of the investment managers and other service providers to ensure compliance with contractual provisions and guidelines and restrictions outlined in the Investment Policy Statements;
- Monitor actual asset class allocation relative to targeted allocation, managerial due diligence, and portfolio construction;
- Work with the Custodian Bank to enhance and update the monthly reporting process;
- Act as a liaison to the Pension Plans' Board of Trustees, and assist in the dissemination of all meeting agendas, related materials, and production of the meeting minutes;
- Assist as needed, with special projects such as Request For Proposals (RFPs) and the annual audit for Pension Plans;
- Maintain a record of investment activity, including private equity capital calls and distributions for the Pension Plans' investment managers;
- Attend monthly Pension Board meetings and quarterly Defined Contribution Program Oversight Committee meetings; and
- Make recommendations to the portfolio investment fund line-up and assist with performance analysis for the County's Defined Contribution Plans.