Investment Operations Associate
Vibrato Capital – Investment Operations Associate - Family Office
Vibrato Capital is a private investment office managing the wealth of its principals and their related entities. The investment office allocates capital to the most compelling investment strategy and opportunities in public and private markets; partnering with investment managers, company founders and entrepreneurs. Our daily focus is on manager research, implementation, and on-going monitoring. The firm is small and entrepreneurial in nature, which allows associates to gain a great deal of autonomy and responsibility. Trust, security, and discretion are paramount in our line of business.
Position Role & Responsibilities
Vibrato is seeking to hire an investment associate with 1-2 years of relevant work experience (financial services, business analysis, consulting, etc.). The associate will divide their time equally between operational tasks and investment analysis. Accordingly, the associate will provide critical support throughout the investment process, evaluating new investments, and monitoring existing allocations. High level of accuracy, acute attention to detail, and strong communication skills, both written and oral, are imperative.
Investment Operational Tasks (50%):
- Manage documentation process for new and existing investments
- Respond to compliance requests from investment managers and fund administrators
- Prepare monthly financial reports incorporating all capital calls, distributions, and valuation updates at the fund and partner level
- Maintain accurate and detailed files, including tax documents on all investments
- Setup new accounts in systems; reconcile account activity to ensure records and performance accuracy
- Look for opportunities to improve efficiency and accuracy
Investment Analysis Tasks (50%):
- Seek, engage, and learn from the world’s best investors
- Ascertain unique characteristics/criteria that enable investors, managers, and companies to be successful through deep quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Complete ad hoc research as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree (in any discipline) with the ability to demonstrate knowledge of investment concepts and financial statements. Key prerequisites are a passion for learning, intellectual curiosity and demonstrated ability to meet highest standards of integrity and confidentiality while working extensively with highly sensitive material.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative on routine tasks and special projects.
- Comfortable handling multiple tasks at one time
- Previous experience working in a family office/foundation environment is a plus
This position reports to Chief Investment Officer of the family office and will occasionally have contact with the owner of the family office. The investment associate may be located anywhere in the United States; however, preference will be given to candidates located in the Pacific Northwest. The position will require regular travel to Portland, Oregon and may also require other domestic travel. Vibrato Capital is unable to sponsor candidates who are not authorized to work in the United States.
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com Please answer the following questions in the body of your email:
- What is the optimal capital structure for a growing business?
- What motivates you to pursue a career in investment management?
- Given your strengths and style, what types of situations are you most likely to thrive?