Kennedy Capital Management, Inc. (KCM) is a St. Louis-based, boutique investment firm that has focused on a goal of generating superior returns in the small and mid-cap domestic equity markets for our clients for more than 40 years. We are currently seeking to add a Research Analyst to our team. We are an independent and 100% employee-owned investment adviser. Our team's top priority is working for institutions and high-net-worth individuals, fostering an entrepreneurial culture that results in mutually beneficial long-term relationships.
This Research Analyst role will focus on the Health Care sector. You will analyze company fundamentals including financial data, competitive position, macroeconomic and microeconomic factors and other opportunities and risks to determine equity valuations. In support of this, you will create financial models to evaluate investment scenarios and examine industries. This process will be enhanced through company visits, trade shows, conferences and establishing and communicating with industry contacts. Our research analysts are expected to communicate their investment research to Portfolio Managers through written and oral communication with the goal of strengthening the investment process and helping to populate portfolios with ideas that consistently outperform benchmark indexes.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Strong interest in equity research and global financial markets with a solid quantitative background.
- Knowledge of equity and fixed income analytics and concepts.
- Ability to demonstrate competence with numerical tools including experience building financial models.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team player and interact effectively with others throughout the organization.
- Minimum of 2 years of buy-side or direct industry experience.
- BA/BS degree required.
- CFA strongly preferred.
- This position is based in our offices in St. Louis, Missouri.
- At Kennedy, you'll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards.
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to help the team continue to meet Kennedy's investment objectives.
- Through investment skill-building, leadership development and working with an experienced investment team, we provide opportunities to help nurture your investment acumen and grow your career in institutional investing.
- Competitive compensation and benefit package.
- A great 401(k) program with company match.
- Encourage employees to maintain a healthy work life balance.
- Multiple team building and volunteer opportunities.
Commitment to Diversity
Kennedy Capital Management is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in our mission, vision and values statements. Our policies are intended to provide further guidance on creating a workplace that values each employee and supports the way we do business.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennedy Capital Management offers equal employment and advancement opportunities for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital or family status, protected veterans' status, genetic information or other basis prohibited by law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and in all aspects of the employment relationship.