Senior Investment Analyst - High Yield & Investment Grade
2 days left
This position is responsible for researching a wide range of national and international corporate offerings for a $30+ billion credit portfolio. The incumbent will provide research recommendations on Investment Grade and High Yield securities for a segment of the portfolio to Senior Portfolio Managers, the Head of Research, and the Deputy CIO. These recommendations are the basis for buy/sell decisions. The incumbent will work with Senior Portfolio Managers and the Head of Research to generate ideas that create value for the firm and positively impact the bottom line.
Please note that this position can be filled at a higher level depending upon a candidate's experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Credit Review and Analysis
- Assess credit quality of a variety of corporate bond offerings and industries using a variety of research sources including but not limited to the internet, Bloomberg, financial reports, and SEC filings
- Monitor and make recommendations regarding exposures to respective industries
- Actively monitor the existing bond portfolio working closely with Head of Research and various portfolio managers
- Formally assign and rate investment grade and high yield credits and industries bi-annually
- Perform quarterly portfolio reviews and prepare written research reports on assigned issuers or industries
- Perform month-end pricing in conjunction with Investment Accounting
Credit Management and Trading Recommendations
- Develop and maintain research contacts and resources with a variety of street, and rating agency analysts
- Make investment recommendations on the purchase or sale of corporate bonds to the various portfolio managers
- Effectively communicate with and critically analyze comments of CEO’s, CFO’s and Investor Relations Officers at large national and international Corporations
- Utilize investment research skills to partner with underwriting and other functional areas of the corporation to assist in the New Business and Renewal process providing company specific analysis and industry assessments
- Assume responsibilities for special projects or other duties when required
- MBA required in finance, accounting, economics or other related field.
- CFA certification preferred.
- 2-3 years work experience in investments or related area preferred
- Excellent written and communications skills, with the demonstrated ability to clearly and quickly communicate ideas and recommendations verbally and in writing
- Superior excel or other spread sheeting technology and ability to learn new software and utilize external quantitative tools that value corporate credit risk required
- Strong financial research skills, producing and maintaining quantitative financial models
- Excellent problem solving skills, documentation skills and ability to work independently
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment