Senior Credit Risk Analyst
1 day left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Senior Credit Risk Analyst
Primary Job Location: Whippany, NJ
Role Value Proposition:
Global Risk Management (GRM) oversees MetLife’s financial and non-financial risks in order to support responsible growth and ensure we deliver on our promises to customers. GRM accomplishes this through proactive advice, through independent and effective challenge, and through implementation and enforcement of guardrails. Credit Risk Management (“CRM”), within GRM, is responsible for developing and reporting limits, capital modeling, governance, and board reporting of assets with credit risk. CRM is seeking a Senior Credit Risk Analyst to support its Credit Analytics group. This position reports directly to MetLife’s Global Head of Credit Analytics and strong candidates will be able to demonstrate solid quantitative credit skills that span MetLife’s diverse portfolio.
The primary role of the Credit Analytics group is to determine capital required to protect MetLife from insolvencies due to simultaneous credit events of multiple investments. Credits Analytics is also responsible for forecasting stressed credit losses. As a Credit Risk Analyst in the Credit Analytics group, you will:
- Quantify, monitor and analyze the organization’s exposure to credit and counterparty risk related to all investments of the enterprise (including derivatives, loans, structured finance, reinsurance, corporate, sovereign and municipal bonds).
- Recommend and implement credit enhancement provisions to mitigate the impact to counterparty rating changes.
- Calculates credit economic capital requirements for MetLife and its subsidiaries using Moody’s RiskFrontier.
- Communicates results and analysis to senior staff and key internal stakeholders.
- Performs experience studies to estimate asset probability of default and loss assumptions for economic capital.
- Supports senior management with the development, implementation, and communication of credit risk related policies and procedures.
- Monitors and analyses the organizations credit risk exposure.
- Designs and develops quantitative/analytic models to help monitor and manage risk.
- Develops and implements effective and measurable stop loss triggers and disclosures.
- Works independently on complex and/or important risk management projects.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Understanding of investment products (e.g. bonds, bank loans, commercial and residential mortgages, structured products, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in any of the following fields: investment risk management, statistics, quantitative risk management, engineering, computer science, actuarial science or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in financial engineering, actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, or related field.
- Advanced degree in related field preferred.
- Knowledge of a credit risk software platform such as Moody’s RiskFrontier.
- Knowledge of investment securities including pricing.
- Experience creating projection assumptions for use in capital calculations.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proactive, motivated self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and work collaboratively with members of other departments and lines of business.
- Proficiency with SQL and a mathematical language.
Global Risk Management
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world. Visit us at www.metlife.com to learn more about our brand, history, and values.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Employee Relations Department at 1-877-843-3711.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 118361