Institutional Business Development & Client Service Professional
Chartwell Investment Partners is seeking an institutional business development & client service professional to grow its asset management business. The candidate will drive new business development in the institutional marketplace by working directly with endowments, foundations, corporate and public pension plans, sub-advisors, family offices and other institutional investors. The role will also involve working with institutional consultants and will require frequent travel throughout the country.
Working in collaboration with Chartwell’s investment teams, and other colleagues, this is an invaluable opportunity to build upon the firm’s existing business and grow its business within the institutional marketplace.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop and implement a strategic business development plan consistent with the goals, capabilities and culture of the firm
- Demonstrate a track record of creating sales/relationship opportunities with prospects and consultants
- Experience working with investors regarding their asset allocation needs
- Ability to understand and clearly articulate Chartwell’s investment strategies
- High degree of initiative, self‐discipline, and motivation
- A collaborative, respectful and confident approach to working with colleagues
- The ability to balance being consultative and client-focused with results-driven
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of relevant experience with institutional sales, relationship management and consultant relations
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA, CFA or equivalent advanced degree a plus
- Ability to travel average of 33% and up to 50%+ at times
Chartwell offers a competitive base salary with a bonus dependent on business development performance as well as working with other members of the team to achieve the organizations goals. Chartwell provides industry standard benefits, including health, dental, and retirement benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Located in Berwyn, PA, since its founding, Chartwell has successfully grown into a 50+ person boutique investment management firm with approximately $11.5 billion of assets under management. Chartwell is a wholly owned subsidiary of TriState Capital Holdings, Inc., a publicly held bank holding company based in Pittsburgh, Pa, since 2014.
Chartwell provides equity and fixed-income investment strategies to institutional, private clients, and clients of wrap fee programs through separate accounts, sub-advisory relationships and mutual funds.