4 days left
Equity Analyst – Experienced
Full Time, Permanent Location: Negotiable
Be Boring. Make Money.™ is our investment approach, but we are anything but dull. We are a diverse team of professionals—all with a shared goal: to be the best.
We celebrate our unique and independent culture. We take pride in doing things a little differently than other investment firms. Our pursuit of excellence means that a career with Mawer is demanding, however, interesting challenges are plentiful, and innovative ideas, diverse opinions, and teamwork are expected and rewarded regardless of title or tenure.
We are currently seeking an exceptional colleague to join our investment research team. We look for self-motivated individuals willing and able to enhance our research process, strengthen our culture, and help build Mawer into one of the best global investment management firms.
- Generating investment ideas within a collaborative team
- Performing in-depth due diligence on companies across multiple industries as a generalist investor
- Gathering and analyzing information across different sources and timeframes
- Building discounted cash flow models and evaluating what a business could be worth under different scenarios
- Examining multiple-order risks at the company and portfolio level
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in any discipline
- 3+ years of experience in analyzing equities—preferably on the buy-side
- Strong interest in and demonstrated understanding of the investment analysis of companies
- Strong work ethic, demonstrated track record of excellence, and ability to achieve results
- Proficiency in multiple languages is an asset
- CFA qualification or a willingness to enroll in the program
- Directly contribute to the firm’s growth as a global investment manager.
- Learn and work alongside high-performing individuals within a team that has consistently delivered exceptional long-term investment results and the highest levels of client satisfaction (our client retention is 99%).
- Be a part of a meritocracy in which the quality of ideas supersedes hierarchy. At Mawer, talented individuals can progress quickly, regardless of tenure or experience.
- We have a unique culture—one that emphasizes integrity, clients’ interests, excellence, teamwork, and long-term thinking.
If this sounds of great interest to you, please apply here: https://www.mawer.com/careers/research/
Applicants should include a link to their LinkedIn profile (or an attached resume) and answer a brief questionnaire. Please no cover letters.
Deadline: September 23rd, 11:59pm
Must be eligible to work in Canada. Only applications that include all required materials will be considered.
Established in 1974, Mawer Investment Management Ltd. is an independent firm that provides world-class, global investment management services to a broad range of institutional and individual clients. We are proud of our reputation as one of Canada’s most respected investment management firms and strive to earn such respect by continually delivering long-term investment excellence, developing strong client partnerships, and living our core values. Mawer currently manages approximately $88 billion in assets and employs over 200 people in Calgary, Toronto, the U.S., and Singapore.
No telephone inquiries please.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.