Fixed Income Trader
4 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Department: Global Treasury and Trading
Location: New York Office
Title: Fixed Income Trader
Reports to: Global Head of Treasury & Trading and Head of Americas Real Assets
At APG we focus on the future: sustainable, long-term returns that enable our Dutch pension fund clients and their participants to enjoy a good retirement in a livable world now and for generations to come. As one of the largest pension fiduciaries in the world, we carefully consider risk, return, and cost in balance with the social and sustainability performance of each investment we make. APG invests €612 billion (July 2021) globally, with USD $148.1 billion of that (June 2021) managed out of APG Asset Management US Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary located in New York City. Our 168 professionals in New York invest across the public and private markets in the Americas.
For more information about APG, visit www.apg.nl/en
About the Role
You will join a diverse, global Treasury and Trading team of 20 professionals, which is responsible for the navigation of the global financial markets. Our core belief is that via informed decision making, with insights from quantitative finance and making use of technology and a variety of data, we will be successful in realizing the investment positions that our clients require. We are on a permanent journey to trade smartly and efficiently and need talent to continue our accomplishments.
Are you curious and willing to challenge yourself? Do you have excellent analytical skills? Are you a team player who grasps complex matters easily? Are you knowledgeable of and have interest in financial markets, specifically in fixed income trading? Do you have digital skills that you can use to analyse your own output? Do you enjoy working in an international environment and be share in the responsibility for a good, stable, and responsible pension for 4.5 million people? Then you might be the Fixed Trader that we are looking for. In this exciting role, you will be responsible for the trading and execution of fixed income trades across a wide range of asset classes within APG Asset Management.
- Develop a new trading desk in New York as part of a global team of traders.
- Involvement in various (project)activities that support and enhance the trading function, for e.g. onboarding a new OMS/EMS system for all capital market products.
- Support fixed income team by communicating real time market insights on liquidity, flow, ETF, and CDS activity to enhance relative value analyses.
- Participate in formal and informal portfolio team meetings and discussions to align investment objectives and provide transparency into execution strategies.
- Create an overview of orders and trading activities including analyses to implement them in the most efficient and cost-effective way by using financial models, tools, and algorithms to support an informed and thoughtful trading process.
- Execute in various segments of the international money and capital markets; primarily rates, futures, corporate and mortgage bonds effectively and discretely to avoid impact on market prices.
- Maintain good relationships with all external counterparties and internal stakeholders.
- Enhance our execution strategies through research in a variety of fields, ranging from derivative pricing to market micro structure analysis and systematic strategies including evaluation of new electronic platforms.
- Contribute to (innovative) products, research, systems, and processes in the trading/investment field through relevant knowledge of global internal and external developments in the field of trading and financial markets.
- Monitor, report, and participate in Best Execution and Fair Allocation meetings
You will be working closely with the other traders in the global team and withs the rest of the asset management organisation i.e., portfolio managers, risk and compliance managers, fiduciary managers.
As a Fixed Income Trader, you will join our dynamic environment as an enthusiastic, energetic and results oriented team player working with considerable autonomy. Given the size and breadth of the fixed income markets you will need to apply your strong analytical skills to react quickly to changing market opportunities.
- BA/BS Required
- Pursuit of an MBA or CFA a plus
- Experience trading sovereign, corporate, mortgage bonds and their derivatives
- Experience and interest in trading across asset markets supported by the Treasury and Trading department: FX, Money Markets, Interest Rate Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, Commodities
- Knowledge of financial markets/products and insight in financial modelling theory and data science methods and techniques
- Excellent analytical/quantitative and coding skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Bloomberg, R, Python, and some experience with data visualization (ideally Qlik)
- Excellent communication, attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset and can be agile in handling multiple assignments
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience
Compensation: Based on experience.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter (including compensation expectations) to firstname.lastname@example.org
APG Asset Management US Inc. (APG) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by applicable law.