Portfolio Advisor - Responsible Investing
What is the opportunity?
The Portfolio Advisory Group’s (PAG) mandate is to manage and build discretionary portfolios on a rapidly growing UMA platform and to provide security selection and portfolio construction advice via model portfolios impacting $140 billion in assets across the US Wealth Management platform. The team enables RBC Wealth Management Advisors to consistently deliver investment solutions to their clients with the highest level of competency and confidence in the areas of Asset Allocation, Portfolio Management, Security Selection and Thought Leadership. Responsible investing continues to grow in importance to our clients and this role will own the development of new portfolios for advisors to meet this growing demand as well as help deliver differentiated thought leadership in this critical area.
What will you do?
- Own and drive the Responsible Investing effort within the equity team. This will include:
1) Development and launch of an ESG UMA mandate
2) Develop and launch model portfolios to assist advisors in crafting customized solutions
- The role will be responsible for refining/developing a data strategy, create new frameworks/content, and continue to shape RBC Wealth Management’s authentic approach to Responsible Investing.
- Champion the team’s thoughts through written comments, conference call participation, and speaking engagements as it relates to Responsible Investing.
- Provide ideas and analysis on securities for inclusion within our Guided Portfolios, a rapidly growing platform with over $7 billion in equity assets.
- Build personal relationships and provide proactive service to the top ranked Financial Advisors. Provide timely and thoughtful responses to Financial Advisors seeking advice with respect to equity securities and Responsible Investing.
- Collaborate with RBC Wealth Management’s Responsible Investing team on thought leadership, education, and other initiatives as we look to build/support client interest.
What do you need to succeed?
- Demonstrated experience in developing/implementing authentic Responsible Investing strategies/solutions for a large investment firm.
- A deep knowledge, passion and expertise in Responsible Investing and ESG.
- Experience in providing objective analysis that translates ESG/Responsible Investing research to investment risks and opportunities.
- Desire to innovate and develop creative/scalable solutions that help our advisors meet the needs of their clients.
- Combination of MBA and/or CFA.
- 10+ years direct industry experience in financial services with 5-7 years as a portfolio manager or equity research analyst.
- Demonstrated investment knowledge of the capital markets and global economy.
- Strong understanding of the intricacies of the equity markets and equity portfolio management.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to interact with all levels of staff. Must be able to maintain relationships that will relate to the overall success of the established firm goals.
- Ability to generate unique ideas and analysis using disparate information to incorporate into an investment decisions.
- Significant experience using various ESG data providers including Sustainalytics, MSCI, and others. Must be able to translate this data to portfolio decisions and disseminate these views out to advisors and clients.
- Knowledge of analytical and market research tools including Factset and Bloomberg.
- Required Licensing: series 7, 63 or 66, 86 and 87 or ability to obtain.
- Ability to understand the Financial Advisor’s business and identify themes and issues that can have an impact on their business.
- Experience working as part of a geographically diverse team.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies