Research Associate for Fin/Fin Tech Hedge Fund
6 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
We, a ~$200 million hedge fund based in San Francisco, are looking to add a junior analyst with 1-4 years of experience to support the research team. Prior equity research (sellside or buyside) or investment banking experience is preferred. The fund runs a concentrated portfolio of long and short equity investments focused primarily in the global financial/fintech sector. The Associate will work directly with Senior Analysts and will receive a high degree of mentorship and exposure to a wide range of subsectors. The team is small and operates in a collegial and collaborative fashion.
This is a role for an investment analyst who loves to invest in public markets. The candidate should have a track record of academic and professional success. The Associate should be extremely smart, tenacious and creative with a palpable passion for public market investing. The Associate must have deep intellectual curiosity, a high level of self-motivation, a desire to work hard and a competitive nature. The role requires the Associate to be a quick study and an avid and detailed reader.
- Research associate to support senior analysts covering financials subsectors (traditional and fintech).
- Build and maintain financial models, valuation analyses and industry databases.
- Work and interact closely with senior research analysts.
- Collect, synthesize and analyze publicly available data
- Idea generation on day one is a plus but not required.
CANDIDATE SKILLS/ BACKGROUND
- 1-4 years experience in Equity Research or Investment Banking
- Experience with companies in the financial sector preferred
- Highly self motivated, demonstrate strong qualitative, quantitative and communications skills
- Strong passion for investing and the investment process
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent broad-based analytical skills with a strong quantitative background (progress towards the CFA is a plus)
- Relentless intellectual curiosity, a drive to excel at the highest level and a sense of urgency
- A consummate team player who seeks a highly rigorous and collegial environment for their career development.